CH 14 Cocktail = Whiskey ....?

Jacob was staring out of the window of the car. Mason's mum was driving the car, and something about the atmosphere of the car said that things were not right between her and her husband, again. Mason nudged him.

Jacob shot him a look What!? I swear if this is regarding asking Avery about your mom's earrings or something-

No! Mason snorted. You bored? He raised his eyebrows in an exasperated way.

Duh. Jacob rolled his eyes.

A sly smile slowly spread across Mason's face. I've an idea and a feeling.

Jacob's eyes widened. No. I already know the feeling. I don't want to know the idea. NO.

Mason's smile turned into a wide grin. Imma do it!

No-

"Mom", Mason muttered innocently. "Where is dad?"

Jacob made choking actions pointing his hands towards Mason's throat, however, it was no use.

"YOUR DAD!" her mom shouted. "YOUR DAD! Oh the usual, you know, him being a TOTAL JERK! Today morning I saw him stealing my money! And then that jerk says 'The money is mine, I can use them whenever I want!' I mean what the hell does he think he is...." she started off doing a funny imitation of her husband.

Enjoy. Mason smirked.

Jacob pointed at his watch. You do realize that we've still HALF AN HOUR LEFT to reach your place, RIGHT!? And you DO realize that she is not going to shut up till then, RIGHT!?

Mason just shrugged it off and turned his mom in.

"And YOU TWO!" she shouted at which both the boys jumped. "HOW DARE YOU RUN AWAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONVERSATION THE LAST TIME I WAS TALKING TO YOU!?"

Jacob shot daggers at Mason. This is your fault, DO SOMETHING!

Mason looked at him awkwardly. Uh...I'll try.

"Um...mom...but wasn't dad talking to us also?" Mason asked, innocently.

Jacob looked at him wide-eyed. Dude WHAT THE HELL!?

I tried! Mason looked at him unbelievably.

You just made it worse! Jacob threw his hands out in exasperation.

"YOUR DAD!" Mason's mom shouted at the top of her lungs.

"To anyone who's hearing my prayer, please let us reach our destination alive", Jacob muttered under his breath.

***

"Avery, can you quiet sulking already!?" Oliver demanded glancing towards the passenger seat where his sister sat slumped down, playing Subway Surfers on his phone.

"Sorry", Avery mumbled quietly as Oliver shook his head. "Oh shi- NO!" Avery hissed to herself tapping furiously on the phone screen. Oliver frowned looking towards her, and then his phone.

"What happened?"

Oh, my favorite character just got slammed by a giant train but survived and now is being hung by his collar because the police caught him, just because he was spray painting 'Subway Surfers' on the wall, and the stupid doggo bit him!!! Avery thought looking at the phone.

She looked up to see Oliver looking at her amused, and her eyes widened in realization.

"Uh...did I...say that out loud...." she asked anxiously.