CH 21 Ethan goes WHOOSH

Avery silently observed her brother as he tucked her inside a blanket. 

"You comfortable?" Oliver asked untying her shoelaces and removing them. Avery nodded. 

"So", Oliver said sitting beside her and wrapping an arm around her shoulder. He felt her stiffen for a few seconds before relaxing. "What got you all upset?"

Avery looked at him for a few seconds before turning away. She looked around the room. Oliver did keep his promise and made it as dark as it could. But because the curtains of his room were a light color, they still radiated some of the sunlight falling on them.

Oliver sighed beside her. "I'll make a vague guess and you just nod, how about that?"

Avery thought for a while before slowly agreeing. 

"So... vague guess the first, you were watching one of those stupid emotional movies like... I don't know, Fault in our Stars or something?"

Avery scrunched up her face in disapproval and shook her head a no. 

"Well, vague guess the second, your school teacher who's an idiot paired you with another idiot for a project?"

Avery tilted her head thinking. She usually didn't mind anyone... unless it's Tropia.

"Vague guess the third, Tropia said something? Cause of that's the case she's so dead-"

Avery grabbed his elbow, just in case he set off for the murder right that moment, and frantically shook her head a no. 

"Vague guess the fourth... anyone said anything that hurt you?" Oliver sighed in exasperation. 

Avery thought for a while before nodding. 

"Ethan", she whispered, though her voice came out cracked. She hadn't spoken from quiet a long time.

Oliver frowned. He knew that if it was Ethan then he sure as hell did not mean whatever he said. 

"What happened?" Oliver muttered nudging Avery who almost fell asleep. 

She mumbled something inside the pillow, which, to Oliver, sounded something like...

"Ava says ..hfghi... Ethan goes hmmm... Mason says ...hgfhk.. Ethan goes hmmm ... Jacob says ...hvhh... Ethan goes hmmm... I say ..blahblah.... Ethan goes WHOOOSH...like how uncle went WHOOOSH.... I'm not gonna say anything... I speak people go WHOOSH I don't speak people still go WHOOSH.... people stoopid elf-skinned zombie-minded brain-dead..greshkawitch...." 

By the time Avery drifted of mumbling a set of incoherent words in the end, by which Oliver was staring at her amused.  

He picked up his phone when he saw it vibrate. 

"Hey man", he muttered to Ethan on the other side. 

"Hey, your sister's with you, right?" came his voice from the other side. 

"Yep, I thought you won't mind."

"Of course I won't, I just saw her location in your tower, so making sure, how is she though?"

"She is... asleep", Oliver muttered, before Avery muttered a set of incoherent words. "Kind of", he added. "Damn, she seems pissed at you though."

"Uh... I kind of yelled at her", Ethan muttered. Oliver groaned. 

"But in my defense, the four of these were annoying the hell out of me when she was calling."

"The b*tch?" Oliver grumbled, placing a soft kiss on Avery's head hoping she was asleep, before walking outside the room and carefully closing the door behind him.