Ch 2 Roommates

"I cannot freaking believe this Ava!", Avery said as she dragged Ava along with her down the stairs to catch up with the boys before they went to Mrs. Wallyard about this.

"I thought they were kidding", Ava muttered under her breath as they reached the ground floor and took a turn towards Mrs. Wallyard's office. Right there, she could see two boys along with their bags, one of them raising his hand to knock on the door.

"Don't-" she started rushing towards them, dragging Ava along with her, while one of them turned to look around, so did the other one, after knocking on the door. "-Knock", Avery completed with a groan grabbing both of their arms and dragging with her and taking a sharp turn near the stairs, so that if Mrs. Wallyard opens the door she won't see them.

"Whoa whoa", Jacob started.

"Shut up!" Ava hissed. "You should've told me that no demogorgon is chasing you, attention-seekers", she muttered as Avery just shook her head before realization hit her.

"Mason...and Jacob?" she asked in bewilderment.

"The one and only!" Mason grinned while Jacob showed a thumbs up.

"How do you know them?" Ava asked raising her eyebrows.

"Oh you know......when you 'stormed' out of the class while screaming on Mr. Harrington calling him a wrinkle free sixty five year old man, they were standing by the door." Avery explained.

"By the way. That was amazing!" Mason exclaimed.

"I know." Ava said dramatically flipping her hair to which Avery rolled he eyes.

"But no one answered my question." Jacob said.

"Which was?" Ava and Avery asked at the same time before looking at each other and grinning.

"Are you always that angry?" Jacob asked before his eyes widened and he looked behind Ava and Avery.

"I think I know that look." Ava muttered.

"Me too." Avery muttered.

Both of them gulped hard before turning back to face a black-haired 18-year-old, wearing a black shirt, and staring at them with his brown eyes. The one and only-

Wait...actually now there are two...
Whatever...

- Ethan!

Avery bit her lip and Ava's eyes widened seeing the head of their tower.

"Am I hallucinating or did you all really just decide to go ahead and prank Mrs. Wallyard?" he muttered with an amused expression.

"Um...you're hallucinating", Avery muttered laughing awkwardly as Ethan raised his eyebrows.

"You got the wrong person, I saw four people, two girls and two boys, one with copper-brown hair, one with black hair, one with blonde hair, and..." Ava looked behind whispering something like - "What's your hair-color!? Oh! Black." and then continued. "Yeah, and one with black hair."

Avery pressed her eyes shut at the this while the two boys gave each other confused looks.

Ethan closed his eyes, sighed, and opened then again to see Ava smiling sheepishly. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed again.

"Why are you here then?" He asked.

"Oh that........" Ava muttered before looking away. "Ask her" she said pointing at Avery who gave her a glare.

"What happened was....we..... uh- oh yes!" Avery exclaimed before looking at Ethan."We were coming to find you!"

Ava looked at her incredulously,"No we weren't!" She exclaimed still glaring at Avery, trying to convey her the message that she had just slipped detention and there was a ninety-nine percent chance of Mr. Harrington having already informed Ethan about this.