CH 24 HO HO HO

"What's under the blanket?" Ethan asked looking around to see what they had been hiding to shut the door on a head of tower.

"Nothing." Mason replied way too quickly as Avery cleared her throat.

Meanwhile inside the blanket

Ava's eyes shooted open at the noise of all the commotion. She lifted her head up from Jacob's shoulder and a light blush spread across her cheek when she realised she had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

She then noticed she was under a blanket.

She then heard Ethan's voice.

"What is it that you're not telling me?" Ethan asked eerily calm about this situation. Ava gulped and looked at Jacob who was sleeping silently with his head leaning against the side of the bed.

Ava discreetly got outside the blanket from the behind and quietly wrapped herself in another blanket surprisingly not making any noise.

"There's nothing we're hiding!" Avery exclaimed now moving in front of the blanket. Ethan narrowed his eyes. Avery gulped. She was still scared of Ethan.

He moved past Avery and pulled the blanket off. Mason shut his eyes tightly as Avery winced. But all they saw was Jacob sleeping soundly.

"Does he always sleep like that?" Ethan asked furrowing his eyebrows when he saw another mold of blanket behind Jacob.

Avery opened her eyes surprised to see only Jacob. Mason sighed in relief and leaned against the wall now amused by the whole situation. Avery, as soon as she noticed that Ava was wrapped in the second blanket, spoke, "They were hiding under the blankets, probably found it comfortable and fell asleep."

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows.

"They what were you hiding?" He asked, his voice going quite now that he noticed that two of them were sleeping. Except Ava. But he didn't need to know that.

"We were hiding the puppy." Mason said the first thing coming in his mind. Ava face-palmed even though she knew no one could see her.

Avery pressed her lips together and groaned mentally.

"What puppy?" Ethan asked now looking around more cautiously. "Is it here?"

"Well...you aren't having an allergic reaction so no...it isn't." Mason muttered. Ethan glared at him.

"Tell me when Ava wakes up..." He muttered almost leaving when he realised something. "Avery. I wanted to talk to you."

Avery looked up surprised that he called her by her first name and not "Wilson". Avery gulped and nodded.

What did I do now? She thought biting on her lip as she followed Ethan out of the room closing the door shut behind her.

"That just happened." Ava said causing Mason to jump slightly out of shock. Ava got out of the blanket and sat beside Jacob maintaining a distance so she doesn't accidentally wake him up.

"What do you think he wanted to talk to her about?" Ava asked now looking at the door. Mason didn't answer and just looked at Ava with raised eyebrows.

"What?" Ava asked as she slid her eyes lazily onto Mason.

"You like Jacob." He stated.

"Piss off." Ava said looking back at the door. "I don't." She added clearing her throat.

"Oh really?" Mason scoffed.

"Yes really." Ava said furrowing her eyebrows.

"I mean...sure." Mason snickered causing Ava to glare at him.