CH 15 Deviating From the Topic

Avery was sitting on her bed with Oliver standing in front of her. Oliver was now fully awake and looking at Avery with a raised eyebrow.

"Mind explaining that?" Oliver asked referring to Ava's phone call from Ethan's number. Avery looked at Oliver and started giggling out of no where.

"You're weird." She said and kept on giggling.

"Avery.....you're drunk.....why?" Oliver asked with patience which his sister certainly didn't have. She giggled again.

"And why should I tell you?" Avery gave him a lopsided grin. Oliver glared at her which was enough to make her shut up even in her drunken state.

"I'll not ask again Avery..." He warned clenching his fists. Avery's eyes widened at the fists.

"You're going to beat me, aren't you?" Avery whispered.

"What?!" Oliver's eyes widened. How could something like this even come to her mind?

Avery looked him in the eyes.

"You never cared. You never will." She shook her head.

"What's all this about Avery?" Oliver asked uncertainly.

Tears sprung in Avery's eyes.

"Did you ever consider me to be your sister?" Avery yelled at him.

"W-Of coure I d-What is all this about?" Oliver stuttered over his own words as he repeated his question.

"Those - two - brainless - shitty - eyed - smelling - like - idiots," Avery hit him on his chest with punches which were very soft. Because she couldn't bear hitting someone. Oliver grabbed hold of her wrists. Avery was looking at Oliver, teary eyed when she continued yelling, "beat me to death! You knew! And even if you didn't, you would never have cared! Would you! Instead you brought me here again and again!" Avery was full on crying now.

Oliver immediately pulled her to his chest and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Avery, I didn't knew. I didn't. I am so sorry." He whispered, tears starting to form in the corners of his eyes. He pressed a kiss on top of Avery's head who was still crying.

* * * *

Ava was sitting on the mattress on the floor which she had earlier dragged down. Music was blasting from Ethan's phone while Ava kept glancing at it. She was waiting for someone to message.

She had succeeded in spamming the group once again and the others had left it on 'read'. She looked at the time. It was already past midnight. She was still sleepy. But she couldn't sleep. Ava groaned.

Then suddenly the phone began ringing. Ava scrambled up and tripped on the edge causing her to fall back.

"Ouch." She mumbled before getting up and grabbing the phone. Her eyes widened when she saw the caller ID.

Mom.

Ava gulped. Ethan had saved this number with the caller ID, mom.

Should I? Maybe not- ughhh. I'm doing it! Ava convinced herself before picking up the call.

"Hello?" This single voice was enough for Ava to cut the call. The same voice which screamed at her a month ago. Only....this was gentler.

She fiddled with her locket.

"I miss you dad." Ava whispered and pressed her lips together. She furrowed her eyebrows when she felt something unusual.