CH 10 Cold and Dark

They were all sitting in Ethan's office with Ethan glaring coldly at all of them. Ava gulped and looked away. Ethan's eyes softened for a second but once again they were replaced with a hard cold glare.

"Before you say something Ethan, I just want to say........that-uh....please don't kill us." Ava said with her eyes closed. Ethan sighed.

"I won't kill you...of course not. It's just-I-I was just scared!" Ethan blurted out.

The four of the looked at him with wide eyes releasing what he had just said.

"We're sorry...." Ava muttered while the three of them nodded their heads.

"But scared of what?" Jacob asked.

About losing Ava. Ethan thought. He ignored Jacob's question.

"Promise me that you all won't ever do this again." He stated.

"We won't." They chanted together.

"I have one question though." He said looking directly at Ava.

"Which is.....?" Ava asked raising her eyebrows.

"Why exactly did you do it?" Ethan asked running a hand through his hair.

"Ah that....." Avery muttered. "Is an amazing question....." She cleared her throat.

"Did you want to run away?" Ethan asked.

"No. No. Not at all." Jacob said hurriedly while Mason and Avery shook their heads. All of them looked at Ava who was staring at a piece of paper on Ethan's desk. She had no emotion in her eyes. She was all blank.

"Can I see that?" Ava asked in a quiet voice pointing at the paper. Ethan followed her trail of eyes and immediately took the paper and ripped it into pieces.

"It's nothing. Really nothing." Ethan said shaking his head.

"Then why did it had my name on it?" Ava asked looking at Ethan.

"It's nothing." He repeated again.

"If it's nothing then you could have shown me." Ava said.

"I said it's nothing." Ethan said closing his eyes. He was finally starting to loose his temper but was controlling himself.

"B-" before Ava could say anything Ethan blasted.

"I SAID IT'S NOTHING!" Ethan yelled.

Avery, Mason and Jacob flinched while Ava just looked at Ethan with a blank face. She was used to her mother yelling at her. She was used to Ethan yelling at her. Let's just say that yelling didn't bothered her anymore.

"Okay." Ava said now staring at the place where the paper layed before. "Just so you know, that it was me. It was my idea. I wanted to run away from C.H.A. These three were trying to stop me. I didn't listen."

"Did you forget about the tracker?" A voice said from behind them to which Avery gulped. Cold shivers ran down her spine, but she refused to look at the source of the voice, for her own sake.

"No! Actually I didn't! My plan was to get the hell out of here and cut the tracker! But of course it didn't work. Because this plan was a ridiculously useless piece of shit!" Ava yelled.

"Just so you all know, she's lying", Jacob said earning a death glare from Ava. "We decided that we should try to roam around C.H.A. in the middle of the night, that sounded like an adventure, Ava landing on the other side of the wall was a mistake", he finished, still earning the same glare as Ava increased by ten folds, and Mason and Avery nodding vigorously. He didn't plan on making this situation worse, but it was better for all of them to go through a ten times worse situation than going through anything alone.