CH 13 Biology

The three of them were asleep except Ava. She was laying on her bed and fiddling with her locket. It was heart shaped and the last thing she had gotten from her father. Her father gave it to her on her sixth birthday, on the day he died, on the day Ava was thrown into C.H.A. and on the day Ethan became her legal guardian.

She met Avery when she was nine years old. Before that she had spent all her time basically alone. She still remembered the time when her and Avery became friends. The memory was as clear as crystal water.

~Flashback~

Nine year old Ava was sitting at the window sill of the fourth floor in their tower. Ava was scribbling something in her sketch book. She had always loved to sketch but you can't expect something amazing as the mona lisa from a nine year old. She was simply drawing a girl standing in the rain without an umbrella and soaking wet hair and clothes. She had to submit the drawing to Mr. Miller who said that those who won't submit it will go to the principals office.

Ava rolled her eyes at the thought.

At a point she accidentally dropped her pencil and bent down to pick it up. When her hand was low enough someone stepped on her hand. Ava hissed in agony and looked up to glare at the person who was Tropia.

"You'll pay for this!" Ava yelled behind her.

And she did. She got punched in the face. So now you know that it wasn't the first time Ava punched Tropia in the canteen. Besides, Ava had punched her millions of times by now.

That's when Avery noticed her. When she was sitting on a swing humming a tune of a song her mother sang to her before she went to bed.

Avery sat on the swing beside her. Ava looked from the corner of her eyes to see her already looking at her.

"If you're a kidnapper, please tell me now, so that I can run." Ava muttered.

Avery laughed and shook her head.

Ava grinned, "Amazing! What's your name?"

"Avery. Avery Wilson." The girl said.

"I'm Ava. Avalenne Harper. But don't call me Avalenne." Ava said.

"Ava!" A voice came from behind to which Ava rolled her eyes.

"That's Ethan. My legal guardian. And he is annoying as hell." She muttered before yelling, "WHAT?"

"You have a new roommate." He said coming behind her.

"And who is it?" Ava sighed.

"Avery Wilson."

Ava grinned at Avery who grinned back.

~Flashback Over~

Ava instantly got up and crept down the steps silently from the upper bunk to the floor. She went across the room, and towards the door and opened it. She looked right and left before exiting the room. And not to mention, the door creaked open and closed.

Avery pressed her lips together and hugged the blankets closer to her when she heard the sound of the creaking door.

If you are thieves, tak anything you want, just leave me alone. She thought before the door opened yet again.

Ava remembered that she had forgotten her shoes. She wore the shoes and stuffed the laces inside it because she didn't knew how to tie them.

When Ava left the door creaked again which caused Avery to finally dig out from the depth of her blanket.