Ch 6 The Elora Park

"I am not talking to anyone." Ava muttered. Everyone was trying to talk to her but she was ignoring everyone except Avery.

"And why is that?" Ethan asked. Ava pressed her lips together and looked away.

"Ava?" Avery asked.

"Yeah?" Ava looked at her. Avery grinned which caused Ava to give her a small smile back and then look away again.

They were sitting in the car with Mason beside Ethan. Avery and Jacob were ok either side of Ava who had a fight with Jacob.

"How come you are talking to her?" Ethan asked looking at Ava from the mirror.

"Because I am her bestie. Duh." Avery rolled her eyes. Ava nodded and kicked Jacob on the leg.

"Ouch. What was that for?" Jacob asked glaring at Ava.

Ava shrugged and Avery said,"For not letting her sit by the window." Ava nodded.

"How do you know what she is saying?" Mason asked.

"Because I am her bestie. Duh." Avery repeated again. Ava nodded again and kicked Jacob again.

"Will you stop hitting me? Why aren't you kicking Avery? She is by the window too!" Jacob exclaimed.

"Because I am her bestie. Duh." Avery repeated again, smirking, clearly enjoying this.

"Kids these days." Ethan sighed exaggeratedly.

"Adults these days." The four of them sighed together before Ethan glared at them.

"We're here", Ethan declared as he parked his car in front of 'The Elora Park'. "You all have about an hour, I'll be somewhere around, cool?" Ethan asked looking towards all of them.

"Oh yes!" Mason almost jumped out of the passenger seat before Ethan grabbed his collar when he was mid-air and pulled him back in. "What?" Mason whined.

"You all do not step out of this park, understand?" he asked seriously, as all of them nodded. "Not one second late", Ethan warned.

"Ethan, we get it, can we go now?" Ava whined as Ethan just sighed and nodded. Mason leaned back to take a look at which park they had reached, and he sucked in a breath when he read the title. The Elora Park.

"Come on Mason", Avery said standing near the door.

"Come on Mason", a lady with short, brown hair said jumping out of the car.

"Yea, today we'll show you one of the most significant places in our lives!" a man with dark, but brown hair said excited, as both of them took one of his hands and he jumped out.

"A park?" Mason had asked confused.

"That's where your mother and I met for the first time", the man said grinning widely.

"Whoa!" Mason had said all pumped up and asked them to recite the entire incident.

"Mason?" Avery called again looking back to see Ava jumping impatiently near the entrance of the park. Mason let out a short gasp and blinked a few times.

"You alright there?" Ethan asked beside him, noticing that he was sweating.

"Yea", Mason muttered shortly jumping out of the car and shoving past Avery, making her frown. She looked at Jacob questioningly, who just shrugged. Mason was already inside the park, past Ava who was waving her hand in the air to get their attention and then pointing towards Mason. Both Avery and Jacob shrugged, walking towards her shortly after that.