CH 5 Starbucks? No Starbucks!

Mason sat on one of the beds, aggressively scribbling something on a piece of paper, the others staring at him intently.

"Alright!" he said holding out the piece of paper for everyone to see. There was a similar one on his other side, and both of them were stuck on two different corners of the room. The paper with the title 'The Imbeciles' was stuck near the bunker bed on the girl sides, and the other one with the title 'Snappy Individuals' on the other side. Each had two columns, 'That was luck' and 'You suck'.

The girls would handle the score board of 'The Imbeciles' and the boys would mark the points of 'Snappy Individuals'. Though it appeared like a rather creative piece of nonsensical game, it was more than that.

It all started when Jacob had heard Avery telling Ava that she wanted to talk to them. He pointed out that they the fact that they don't tell them anything is awfully brutal when they themselves told them everything like why they changed school. Because they were going to live at C.H.A., and their previous school had been in the middle of the city, too far.

It had been about a week since the two boys had arrived into their lives, and today was a visiting day. However as it turned out, all of them were staying at C.H.A. the entire time, which is not very normal, considering that this is the day that all the children here keep waiting for. So Ava and Avery tried asking Mason and Jacob why they weren't going, but they won't budge. Ava insisted that they had nothing to hide from them, but Jacob pointed out that the girls themselves hid a number of things.

So yeah, your regular bunch of four teens, with a lot of trust issues.

So they decided to devise a plan. Or more like, keep shouting at each other until what they were shouting started sounding like one. However, the plan was, both the sides would ask the other one five questions, whatever they want to know, hence earning five points. If a side skips a question they get a negative point. That's the first fantastic five points. The last troublesome three points would be earned naturally, when an incident occurs and any side does something to earn the other one's trust.
In the end either both of their pages will have all the ever-lasting eight points, or they would be lying crumpled near the dustbin with the non-negotiable negative points.

"Who starts?" Ava asked jumping on the bed.

"Ladies first", Mason said.

"Okay, my question to Mason!" Avery started. "What were you scribbling on your desk the first day of school, when you asked me for an eraser?"

Mason pressed his lips in a thin line. "I was...making...something."

"What?" The two of them asked.

"Stanzas", Mason muttered.

"You write poems!?" Ava exclaimed. "I mean, no offence, but you look like those typical douchy people-"

"Jeez no!" Mason said cutting her off. "For a rap", he muttered with two 'Whoa's'.

"That...actually suits you", Avery said thoughtfully as Ava drew a line in 'That was luck' column for 'The Imbeciles'.

"Now us!" Mason said excitedly.

"Okay, what did you tell Ava that day, after you wanted to talk to her on the stairs?" Jacob asked Avery.

"She was saying something to me." Ava said looking away and chewing on her bottom lip.

"And that was.......?" Jacob asked.

"She asked me what Ethan wanted." Ava huffed.

"Which was?" Mason asked.

"Only one question at a time!" Avery said in a sing song voice. Jacob grumbled something under his breath before drawing a line in 'That was luck' for the 'Snappy Individuals'.