Chapter Twenty-Two🥀

Olivia and I rushed to the hospital cell to see a few of the others putting pressure on Alexander's wound

Olivia and I rushed to the hospital cell to see a few of the others putting pressure on Alexander's wound. I instructed Olivia to go to Beth's cell and wait there. She did as I said reluctantly with tears streaming down her face.

I pushed through the crowd yelling for everyone to make way. I finally made it to Hershel's side to see what I could do. Over the time that the Woodbury citizens had been here, Hershel had been giving me medical lessons for situations just like this.

"What happened?" I asked, taking over putting pressure on Alex's wound. Hershel quickly moved to get the medical supplies he needed.

"He was stabbed." Hershel explained, getting the things needed to do some stitching. "Luckily it wasn't too deep and missed the vital organs. I should be able to fix him up before he loses much more blood if everyone would clear out."

I looked up to see a bunch of people standing in the doorway of the cell and outside of it, as well. Glenn, who was standing next to me, spoke up, "Alright, get out off here! Hershel needs space!"

He moved people back causing them to finally walk away. I focused my attention on the bleeding wound. The blood has seeped through the rag that I held and now covered my hands.

"Hershel, he losing blood fast." I pointed out. The old man came over and pulled my hands away before beginning to stitch the boy up. He showed me how to carefully do each suture. We were finally able to stop the bleeding which made the stitching a lot easier. After Hershel finished, we cleaned the wound and washed away the blood that stained Alex's now pale skin.

I looked over to see the boy sleeping with a frown etched onto his face. I frowned. He had passed out from blood loss before I had even gotten in here. I was worried that maybe we had gotten it to stop too late.

"Don't worry. We caught it just in time." Hershel stated, wiping the blood from his hands with a rag. "He just needs to rest for now. Go get cleaned up."

I glanced down at my shirt that was now painted a dark red. My hands had dried blood all over them. I nodded at the old man before getting up. "Can he have visitors?" I asked, turning back to the old man.

"Just a few. You girls should be enough. Don't need a whole crowd like before." Hershel gave me a small smile. I nodded before leaving the cell.

Glenn stood outside of it talking to Carl, who had his back turned to me. Glenn noticed me first and moved passed Carl to hug me and see if I was alright. "I'm so sorry. It just happened so fast." He exclaimed, giving me a rag to wipe my hands with.

Carl turned to see it was me that Glenn was speaking to. He gave me a sad smile as I took the rag from Glenn. "How did it happen, Glenn? We're always so careful out there." I stated, beginning to wipe down my hands.

"We were scavenging a random store when we came across this guy. We kept our distance at first, asked him the questions which he answered pretty good, and then Alex began to approach him to see if he was injured. When he got close enough, the guy whipped out a knife and stabbed him before either of us could blink." Glenn explained. I could see on his face that he felt guilty for what happened, so I placed a now somewhat clean hand on his shoulder. "I pushed the guy off of Alex, and the dude attacked me. If Alex hadn't have pulled his gun out while on the ground and shot him, we probably wouldn't have made it back."