Chapter Sixteen🥀

I turned to see Carl storming off away from his dad and heading this way to get back to the cell block

I turned to see Carl storming off away from his dad and heading this way to get back to the cell block. I watched sadly as he came my way. I began walking over to Rick to see what I could do to help when suddenly a voice causes me, and unknowingly Carl, to stop dead in my tracks.

"Walsh?"

꧁꧂

A young male voice called the last name I had went by before the apocalypse. There was something familiar about the voice, but it sounded deeper. Something about it unnerved me and brought horrible memories back.

I watched as the boy, who had been speaking with Rick momentarily, slowly approached me. At first I was confused at who this guy was, but the second my bluebell made contact with emerald green that changed. My breath caught in my throat.

"Reeves?" I asked, swallowing the lump that formed in my throat. He awkwardly placed his hand on the back of his head, rubbing his blonde locks with a smile. By now I could sense my group's eyes, along with a few from Woodbury, on us.

"Actually, I go by Alexander now." He stated, awkwardly. He pulled his hand away from his head. "It's good to see you though, Walsh. I thought the worst when I saw yours and the Grimes's houses burnt down."

Suddenly, he hugged me taking me by surprise. I could see Daryl and Carol tense from the corner of my eye and the redneck grabbed his crossbow. I placed my hand up to signal that it was okay, which seemed ease him a little, but not enough to put the weapon down.

Alexander pulled back. "Sorry. It's just good to see a familiar face." He looked over my shoulder before gaining a wide smile. "Is that Carl?"

I turned my head to see the blue eyed sheriff's boy watching us with his hand on his gun. I nodded and mustered up the best smile I could at the moment. "It is." I stated quietly, looking away from the boy.

"I'm sorry for being this awkward, Walsh. Especially after.." Alexander trailed off, though I knew what he was referring to.

I nodded in understanding. "It's alright. But it's Emily. I don't go by Walsh anymore." I stated. He nodded, mentally making a note of the change.

Before he could say anything, Rick walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Everything okay?" He asked, sternly.

I looked up at the man and nodded. "Everything's fine. You remember Alexander Reeves, correct?" I asked, gesturing to the boy who seemed to cower in Rick's presence.

"I do. Used to be friends Carl." Rick have a nod. "Em, can I speak with you for moment?"

I looked to Alexander, who understood that he wasn't needed for this conversation. He gave me a smile and Rick a small nod before walking over to a girl our age, who I assumed was from Woodbury as well.