Chapter Thirty-Two🥀

"Wow

"Wow." I mumbled as we looked around the church. I took notice of all the empty cans of food that was lined up against the wall in the front. I was amazed at how someone, who couldn't even kill a walker, could find so much food to survive on.

Carl had left my side to get his baby sister back from Rick, who began to question Gabriel on how he got so much food. The preacher man simply answered that it was luck. Just before everything went down, his church had their annual food drive. The rest he scavenged for while avoiding walkers.

I approached Maggie and Glenn, who were placing their things down on a pew at the back of the church. I greeted them as I got closer. They both looked back up at me with smiles. "You okay?" I asked, wanting to be sure that they were alright.

"Yeah, we're fine. You okay?" Maggie asked, placing a hand on my shoulder in a motherly way. I gave her a nod before wrapping my arms around her. It was the time that I had hugged her since the fall of the prison. "Are you sure? Normally you aren't so loving for no reason." Maggie asked.

"I'm just- I missed you." I stated, releasing her from the hug. "Both of you."

"We missed you too. We were planning on asking Rick if we could go on a run. Maybe find a gun store, see if there's anything left. Want to come with us?" Glenn asked with a hopeful smile on his face. "If we get Alex to come it'll be like old times."

"It would, but-" I turned my head to see Carl holding Judith as he sit on a pew in the front row of the church.

"You don't want to leave Carl." Maggie finished for me. I turned my eyes back to the couple I cared about so much, with a guilty expression written on my face. Maggie gave me a warm smile.

"We get it, Em. Don't feel guilty." Glenn stated, placing an arm around Maggie's waist.

"That's why I'm going with Glenn on the run. You just got him back. It's okay to want to stay by his side, but when it is time, I want you by my side too, okay?" Maggie asked in a playful tone, a fake pout forming on her lips. She pulled me into another hug as I agreed with her. "We love you, Emily, and whenever you need us we'll be right here."

"Thanks. I love you guys too. Please be careful." I insisted. I started to walk away when I stopped and turned to Glenn with a smile. "The next run I'm definitely up for. Promise."

A smile broke out across his face. "Just like old times." He stated causing me to let out a lighthearted laugh before finally walking back over to Carl, the smile never leaving my face.

As I sat down next to him, Carl noticed the smile on my face. "what's got you smiling like that, hm?" He asked with a smirk.

"Glenn asked if I wanted to go with them on a run like old times." I stated bluntly, tickling Judith's cheeks with a childish smile on my face.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Carl tense a little. "A-and?" He stuttered out, as though he didn't exactly want to know what my answer was going to be. I stopped playing with Judith and looked over at him with a soft expression. His eyes flickered across my face begging for my answer to be something to his liking. I grabbed his hand that wasn't holding Judith and gave it a squeeze.