The youth gave a weak smile

Yoshi had the widest grin Chris had ever seen on his face. The creepy kind of grin that stretched to the ears."It's mine! It's finally mine" He pointed it at the trapped ninjas."You'll have the pleasure of being killed by this sword. Consider yourselves honored"

Cleo rolled her eyes and so did Chris, Anida and even Aro, though he did it subtly. Yoshi expected a surge of energy or a devasting blast from the relic but nothing happened. Chris couldn't help it. He laughed out loud."Oh my God! Lol. This is so funny"

"Shut up" Yoshi snapped but the boy still laughed. Soon enough the other teenagers joined. Aro was subtle as usual

"What went wrong?"

That was when Cleo decided to make an entrance.

"Everything apparently" she chuckled

Yoshi glared daggers at her. She smirked

"You've forgotten the four medallions have to be assembled and activated by the ancient writing by either of the rival families before the sword can work. Chris was right. Don't you get tired of being wrong?"

Anida laughed, Chris joined in. Aro couldn't help the giggles that escaped his mouth.

Yoshi glared at him. The smile on Aro's face disappeared, replaced by a terrified expression

"Were you laughing Aro?"

"N-No sir" he stuttered

"Good."

Aro swallowed hard

Cleo glared at Yoshi "Hand over the sword"

"Never"

He charged at Cleo, she blocked his attack with her sword. Soon, they were locked in serious battle. Aro stood back. Aro looked from the ninjas engaged in battle to the ninja trapped in the cage. His fists clenched. He was tired of this. Tired of being dragged into things that didn't concern him. Tired of being afraid. He trembled slightly as the image of his brutally murdered family crossed his mind. They were gone and he was too scared to run. He didn't want to die. He was a coward but not anymore. Yoshi was going to pay for everything. Aro obviously noticed the pitiful looks the other three ninjas gave him. It was something of comfort that people he never knew existed knew how he felt. Aro had a hunch that Yoshi had done messed things to them. Filled with his newly found courage, Aro knew what he must do. Now he had a chance, he would right his wrong.

Anida and Chris paced in the cage. They were irritated knowing they couldn't help.

"We gotta do something"

"No shit, Sherlock. But in case you haven't noticed, we're stuck in a cage"

Anida rolled her eyes

Suddenly the cage went up. They rushed out from under the cage only to come face to face with their said savior.

"You?" It was more of a question than a statement

"Hi?" He waved awkwardly

"Why are you helping us?" Anida asked

He sighed"I wanted to right my wrong. I wouldn't ask you to forgive me but I'm sorry." He refused to meet their gaze.

Chris smiled a bit, putting a comforting hand on Aro's shoulder. "It's okay. We don't blame you"

Aro looked up at Chris, shocked. Anida smiled at him as well
"We understand"

That's all it took for Aro to break down in tears."Thank you"

Anida pat his shoulder. "You're welcome"

Aro smiled,wiping his tears.
"God bless you"

"Bless you too. Now go find somewhere safe."

Aro nodded and ran to the dark corner Cleo formerly hid in.

Cleo's sword flew to the end of the room and she followed suit since Yoshi kicked her hard so she landed next to her sword. She coughed, groaning in pain as she tried to pick herself up.

Yoshi clapped his hands like a five year old
"That was fun. Let's do it again"

However, he didn't get the chance. Oblivious of the freed ninjas, he didn't sense Chris walk up behind him and wrap his chain around Yoshi's leg. Chris yanked on the chain making Yoshi fall, hitting himself hard against the hard floor. Anida grabbed the sword, pointing it at Yoshi

"It's over"

Yoshi grinned at this. Instantly men clad in black filled the room, cornering the heroes

Yoshi picked himself, using his hand to dust off the dirt on his clothes that creepy grin still on his face

The heroes were surrounded and outnumbered. They had to retreat and they did. Suddenly the room was filled with purple gas, aiding our heroes escape. Chris quickly grabbed Aro and made a break for it while Anida and Cleo ran immediately after them. All four jumped out the door they came in through. Fortunately the lush green grass softened their fall.

They stopped for a while to catch their breath before running once more.

When the gas dispersed the ninjas, Aro and the sword were gone. Yoshi screamed. His shrill voice bouncing off the walls and echoing in the night.

                          ****

"We won't have done this without you" Cleo said gratefully looking at the yellow skinned youth.

"We would have been toast back there"Chris agreed, clapping the boy at the back as a friendly gesture. Aro smiled, rubbing the nape of his neck embarrassed from all the praise.

"Thanks"Anida said, hugging Aro. Aro was frozen for a moment before hugging Anida back.

"No, thank you. You saved my life"

The friends smiled too.

"You know he'll come after you" Cleo said.

Aro nodded "I've saved enough to leave the country and go far away where he'll never find me"

Chris sighed"This is goodbye then."

Aro nodded sadly"Yes it is"

"Good luck then"

Aro smiled "Good luck to you three."

He turned to go,he paused
"Can I ask a favor?"

Chris nodded"What favor?"

"Make sure you kick his ass"

"We will." Cleo answered, a small smile on her face. He returned the smile before waving goodbye and vanishing into night

Anida looked at the sword in her hand

"We did it guys. We have the sword"

Chris beamed"Yeah, we did"

Cleo put her arms around her friends for support.

"Let's go home"