Chapter 28

Cleo, Chris and Anida sat in a circle in the dojo. No one said anything, mostly because there was nothing to say. Timothai was stable but hasn't woken up yet. The friends just came back from visiting their sensei at the hospital. Cleo was utterly shocked at the sight that greeted her when he entered her grandfather's hospital room.

Her grandfather just lay on the bed wrapped in bandages like a burrito. His arms, shoulders, legs and even part of his face were covered in bandages. Cleo's shock was quickly replaced by anger. In her rage, she almost punched a hole in the wall. Thankfully Chris stopped her from doing anything rash. Anida cried, hugging their comatose sensei while the other two just watched, sad.

Cleo punched a hole in her window immediately they arrived at Chris's house. Chris let her vent her anger, punching the window continuously until what was left was the frame. Chris sighed as he got the first aid kit. He grabbed Cleo's bloody hands gently, removing the shards of glass that was stuck in them. She winced as Chris disinfected the wound

"I told you not to do that"

"I know"

"Then why'd you do it?"

"I don't know. I just imagined the window being Yoshi. I want to hurt him for what he did to grandpa. I want to make him suffer and bleed and beg for his pathetic life. I want to kill him Chris! I want to mutilate him. I want to chop him into various pieces and feed him to the sharks."

Chris cringed as he watched his friend. Her eyes were very dark, the murderous intent obvious in almost black pools.

"Cleo" He said softly making the girl look at him. "You can't do that. Sensei never taught us that"

"I know" she whispered, watching Chris as he gently cleaned her wounds. Nothing more was said. Anida who excused herself earlier returned. A note in her hands

"Look what I found" she said, breathlessly as she ran to them.

"What's that?" Chris asked. The last time Anida brought a note, something bad happened.

"A note from Sensei" she answered still trying to catch her breath

Cleo looked at Anida
"Where did you find it?"

"In his room. I was looking for his jade tea ingredients."

"You take that stuff?" Chris asked raising a brow

Anida shrugged "It's soothing"

"Anyway, I accidentally slipped on his floor and somehow discovered a secret compartment in his room."

"Can you show it to us?"

"I would but I have no idea how I found it. It snapped shut immediately I retrieved the note" Anida explained, taking a seat near Cleo. Cleo sighed as Chris's cold slender fingers bandaged her injured one. It was very soothing. Chris smiled, noticing the calming effect of his hands on his friend.

"So what does it say?" Cleo asked, reaching for the paper with her good hand. She opened the note. Sure enough Sensei's beautiful cursive was written on the note, she read

"My ninjas. I'm very sorry I didn't disclose the location of the floating sword earlier. I decided to hide it. I knew something terrible would happen to me so I wrote the location of the mystical relic in this note and hoped you'll find it.

The floating sword is in Nigeria, a country in West Africa. I drew the map showing the exact location of the sword behind this paper. I used invisible ink. Be careful my ninjas

Cleopatra... I want to sincerely apologize to you. I said the Hamadais killed your family and wiped out the entire Futanaga clan. I lied. I was the cause of that war."