Chapter 11

Yoshi walked into Takashi's office feeling proud, constantly touching the medallion in his pocket. He knocked.

"Come in"

Yoshi came in. Takashi looked up from his laptop.

"Yoshi. What can I help you with?"
A wide grin spread across Yoshi's face.

"I have retrieved the medallion."
Yoshi said proudly. Takashi stared at him still trying to comprehend what he said.

"Come again Yoshi."

Yoshi repeated what he said. A grin appeared on Takashi's face, brightening his grey eyes. He couldn't believe it.

"May I see it?"

Yoshi took it from his pocket and handed it to Takashi. Takashi held the medallion. His smile fell replaced by a frown. Yoshi was startled by his sudden change of mood but composed himself.

"Is this supposed to be a joke Yoshi?" he asked looking at Yoshi coldly.

He cringed a bit.
"Excuse me? "

"It's a fake"

Yoshi's smile vanished. He was tricked by that ninja. He was played as well.

"It can't be"he said, unable to hide his surprise.

Takashi sighed. And he thought it will all be over.

"You are dismissed"

Yoshi exited the office walking to his own office. He slammed the door behind him. He was tricked by children. He shook with rage. He felt so stupid and surely those children were still alive. A sinister smile appeared on his face. That is certainly good news. He picked up three knives. He would finish the job. He threw the knives. It hit the faces of the dark girl, the blond boy and the green eyed girl. The knives still vibrated from the force with which it was thrown.

They will die painfully.

Then he laughed.

                         ****

The three friends managed to get to school but they were sore all over. Especially Chris and Cleo who wore long sleeves to cover all their bandages. The band aids on their faces brought attention to them. They just said they fell while skateboarding. Honestly, they were in so much pain even Jordan noticed it.

Cleo and Chris could hardly move but they managed. The slightest movement sent sharp jolts of pain through their body. Fortunately school was over and they made their way home. Sensei gave them instructions to get rest and so suspended training. His old heart ached for them. His brother did this to them. He could feel the pain they felt but he was so glad they at least survived.

Jordan sat on his bed. He, just like everyone else in the class noticed how battered Cleo and her friends looked. Everyone bought the skateboard accident story but not him. It was far worse than that. Cleo was in so much pain, it took everything she had not to cry. He didn't know why but seeing her in such pain made his heart ache. He was worried about her.

He sighed picking up his phone. He had her number for a while now but he was still contemplating. Now he had a reason to text her. He took a deep breath and texted

Hi

Cleo sat on her bed after a painfully long bathroom session. Her phone beeped. She checked it. Unknown number. She tensed. Could it be Yoshi? Had he found them? No, no. She shook the absurd thought from her head. She checked the text.

"Hi? "she said confused. She texted back

Who are you?

Jordan's phone beeped. He was so relieved when she texted back.