Chapter 5

Saturday

Go time!

The three friends got up early, going over the plan one more time. They had three different appointments. Cleo and Chris dressed as a Acouple. She wore a corporate gown, curled her hair and applied makeup to make her look older. Chris on the other hand wore a suit on top of his corporate shirt and pants.

12pm

Chris and Cleo were seated in the waiting room in Hardy Enterprises. The plump secretary eyed them suspiciously. They smiled sweetly.

"Mr and Mrs. Hunter" the plump secretary called"Mr. Hardy is expecting you"

"Thanks" Cleo said as Chris led her into Mr. Thomas's office. Thomas Hardy was a tall muscular man in his early forties. His curly black hair packed in a ponytail. His unique sky blue eyes shinning as he watched his visitors. His handle bar moustache widened as he beamed. Cleo looked around. There were various posters of probably past owners of Hardy Enterprises. A pale green rug lay in the center of the spacious office. His cherry wood desk was neatly arranged having various pens in a cup. A name tablet that had Thomas Hardy inscribed on it sat on the desk. A cup of coffee in his big hand.

"Mr and Mrs. Hunter. Please have a seat.You must be exhausted after your long journey. Care for some coffee."He offered politely

"Thank you"Chris said."We're okay"

Thomas shrugged. He looked at his visitors.
"I didn't know both of you were so young. "

"We married early" Chris said.

"Interesting." Thomas said sipping his coffee

"Mr. Hardy can I ask you a question?" Cleo asked deciding to do all the talking.

"Please. Call me Tom"

"Okay, Tom. Aren't you bothered about the missing Barcelona heir? It may have a toll on your business empire considering your personal vendetta with the Barcelonas."

Cleo watched him. His expression was blank.

He sighed
"It might. The family business may shut down if the heir isn't found."

Tom took his seat placing the cup of coffee on the desk
"I know I haven't been in good terms with the Barcelonas but I can never do that. And besides, I'm quite fond of the heir. She's delightful"

"So you are assisting the police in the investigation?"Chris asked.

"Of course. Anything I can do to help"Tom said. It sounded so genuine. It was impossible to be an act.

Cleo sighed.
"Tom, I think Anabel and I should leave. We can't discuss business in your condition"Chris said.

"Yes" Cleo agreed taking Tom's hand.

"Show us around. Give us a tour of the enterprise. I hear it's very fascinating."

Tom smiled broadly
"Well I suppose "

"Come on. Let's go"she said dragging Tom out of the office. Chris texted Anida.
Anida crept silently through the vent. She paused waiting for the janitor to leave. Carefully she pulled down the metal covering of the vent. She scanned the office avoiding the CCTV cameras. She logged into the computer reviewing the files.

No sign of any illegal business involvement. She downloaded the files disappearing into the vent replacing the metal frame. She texted them as she crawled out of the vent.

Cleo's phone buzzed.

"Thank you so much for your time Tom. I think people should come here more often"Cleo said gratefully.