Chapter 21

The brave friends made it to the Hamadai residence. They figured that Cleo would be held captive in the Hamadai manor before being dragged to the Hamadai tower.

Anida stopped at the entrance. Her mouth dropped open
"Whoa" she managed to say as a goofy smile appeared on her face causing Chris to roll his eyes.

"Don't get carried away. We've got a job to do."

Anida nodded. They attached their grappling hooks to the roof, climbing into the chimney. Once inside the house and covered in soot, Chris caught a glimpse of a flight of stairs and someone coming out. Obviously the captives were beneath those stairs. They performed the same actions the person performed cautiously. The flight of stairs appeared again and they went in.

Jordan heard footsteps from his father's bedroom. He got up. He knew Timothai was due tomorrow meaning the other two must have come to rescue Cleo. He sighed, smacking himself on the head. He totally blew it. So much for protecting his girl. Knowing Yoshi he obviously had another nasty trick up his sleeve. The other ninjas would definitely need his help. He walked through the hallway to his father's room. He went down the stairs slowly. He would just pretend he had no idea what ninjas were doing in his house

Cleo hung her head low. Alliya had already giving into exhaustion and was sleeping. Cleo's eyelids felt heavy after a while. Just as she was about to give into sleep she heard footsteps. The sleep vanished instantly as the footsteps grew louder.

"Who's there?"she asked. Her eyes darting back and forth

"Cleo. It's us. Chris and Anida" Anida whispered.

"We're here to save you" Chris added

"I'm glad you guys are here but this place may be booby trapped."

Chris tried moving and an axe swung past barely missing him.

"Whoa"

Anida spotted various open slots. She guessed they were security systems. She threw a shuriken to test her theory. Arrows flew past from different open slots. Her eyes widened in surprise

"Whoa" she repeated

Suddenly the lights came on. Someone deactivated the security systems. They turned back sharply, grasping their weapons. Anida gasped. Chris rolled his eyes. Cleo glared. Jordan was in blue pajamas, rubbing his eyes innocently.

"Ninjas? In my house?" He said feigning surprise."What do I do?"

"Ask if one of them is a girl and ask her out" Anida said practically drooling at the sight of Jordan. His lean muscles visible from his pajamas.

"What?" He said confused

"What are they doing in your house?" Chris demanded

"I have no idea what you're talking about"

Chris stared at him coldly.
"Is that so?"

Jordan's eyes wandered everywhere in the room except Cleo's face. He didn't want to look at the hurt in her eyes.

"To admit..I-" he was interrupted by the door. His father and his PA Yoshi barged in, footmen behind them.

"Yoshi?!" The two masked figures said, shocked

Jordan's eyes widened in surprise. Deja vu anyone? His father smiled as he gave his order

"Seize them"

The footmen overpowered the heroes easily before chaining them to the wall next to Cleo.

"Let them go dad. I didn't want any of this to happen" Jordan pleaded

Takashi slapped his son on the back, smiling proudly.

"You are too modest son"

Jordan shook his head. He looked at Cleo. She looked away, disappointed. He just led his father and Yoshi to her friends. There was only one thing left to do. Play along.

"Yes dad. I was being modest. I want the end of the Futanagas and their accomplises."

Takashi smiled again talking about some ancient relic Jordan's been craving. Jordan wasn't listening he mistakenly looked at Cleo. Her light brown eyes were filled with hurt. A very sick feeling settled at the pit of his stomach. He couldn't take it. So he excused himself leaving as fast as he could to his room.

Takashi clapped his hands in delight and left the room after collecting Cleo's medallion. Yoshi smirked, tagging behind Takashi like a puppy banging the metal doors behind them, plunging the room into total silence and darkness. Suddenly Chris burst out laughing. Anida frowned

"This isn't funny Squires"

"Yeah it is. I told you that pretty boy was evil but you didn't believe me. I was right and you were wrong" he said in a sing song way

Anida glared at Chris
"Seriously Christian. We are chained to a wall and would probably die tomorrow and that's what you are concerned about. You being right?!" Anida yelled

"Master of the obvious, Stone"

Anida wanted to snap at Chris but was stopped by Cleo

"Really guys. Can't you two quit bickering." Cleo said annoyed

Chris managed to shrug
"Pretty much"

Cleo sighed tiredly
"We are in so much trouble. But Sensei will save us. Right?"

Chris and Anida exchanged glances

"About that. Sensei isn't coming" Anida said slowly

"What?" She said shocked "He probably has a plan"

"He had a plan. To leave you and your grandma to die!" Chris spat bitterly

Cleo sighed sadly "That is probably a good idea"

"What?!" Both Anida and Chris yelled looking at Cleo

"Yeah. At least Takashi wouldn't have the medallion and you guys wouldn't be here. It's my fault"

"Are you crazy?!" Anida shrieked

"You know I'm right. Both of you do"

Anida looked at the ground. Cleo was right. That was the rational thing to do

"Cleo. I know that Sensei is right but I couldn't leave you. I mean we couldn't leave you" Chris paused looking at Cleo"You are our best friend and it's better to die with you than live without you"

Tears rolled from Cleo's eyes
"I love you guys."

Chris smiled"We love you too"

Anida smiled at Chris. She never knew he had a sensitive side. He was always joking and annoying her. She always tried to kill him and now she was glad she would die with them. Cleo and Chris. The best friends anyone could wish for. Anida hoped they would be friends in the next life if they eventually died tomorrow.

                      ****

Timothai sat legs folded as he meditated on the rug surrounded by a dozen red candles. He picked up the picture of Cleo, Chris and Anida he secretly took. His brave ninjas. He taught them well. He smiled proudly. They were noble to their friend. Disregarding their oath of secrecy, they went after her.

Maybe if he hadn't betrayed Takashi(senior) and stolen Alliya away from him, Takashi junior wouldn't be searching for him. Timothai made a lot of mistakes in his life and he learned to live with them. If he had the chance to go back in time to make things right, maybe Cleo would be a Hamadai and the Futanaga lineage will cease to exist. He sighed. Desperate times called for desperate measures. He would save his family, then beg for forgiveness. He realized quite sadly he wasn't better than the treacherous Yoshi.

With that resolve, he drew out his long forgotten sword. A dragon engraved on its blade. He held the sword in his hands, its blade glimmering in the moonlight. He then slid it into its sheath. He looked at his medallion around his neck, a determined look on his face. First thing tomorrow he would be at the Hamadai tower.