Chapter 31

The three friends arrived at the Johnson's residence later that day. They passed the numerous corners and lanes before our heroes eventually arrived at their destination. The house was coated in a nice beige color having a zinc roof. The environment screamed'Home' literally and figuratively. There was even a welcome home mat in front of the door. A small garden with Nigerian vegetables was situated a little far from the house. Even the neighbors poked their heads out the window to look at them as they pulled into their driveway. The twins waved at them with stupid grins on their faces even though the neighbors couldn't see them through the tinted car window. The twins jumped out of the car racing each other to the door. Anida and Cleo watched amused while Chris rolled his eyes at the growing immaturity of his older cousins. Yes they were older than him. The friends got their bags out and followed Clara and Celine to the guest rooms. The friends settled down and a few hours later they were called down for dinner. In front of them was a plate filled with rice orange in color. By the side was a very strange salad the friends had never seen and fried fish. Chris almost drooled at the sight and wasted no time digging in since he'd eaten the meal before while Cleo and Anida stared at it skeptically.

"Come on try it" Clara said, munching with much gusto

Chris nodded as he stuffed his face with more food. Cleo and Anida looked at each other before scooping some rice into their mouths. Their eyes widened as flavor exploded in their mouths.

"Umm.." Anida moaned, not seeming to get enough of the exotic flavor "This is amazing"

Cleo nodded "What is it?"

"It's jellof rice, salad and fried fish." Mrs. Johnson answered

It was delicious. So delicious they gobbled their food and asked for seconds. Clara and Celine laughed while their parents smiled as Elizar happily put more in their plates.

Everyone talked about random stuff like how school was and how Empire city was doing.

"So you three want to visit a museum right?"

Chris nodded "Yeah. It's for school"

"Must it be a museum in Ile-Ife?" Mrs Johnson asked, raising a brow because there were a lot of museums in Lagos.

Cleo nodded "Our teachers were very specific"

Mr. Johnson sighed "It can't be helped can it and fortunately the twins have a project on artifacts in the same museum. Alright then we leave in two days"

"Kay dad" The twins chorused

After the hearty dinner, everyone retired to their rooms since they were exhausted from the long day. The friends couldn't wait to finally see the floating sword

                    ****

Two days later

The twins jumped out of the car again, something everyone was used to by now, dragging their parents, their signature grin on their faces leaving the friends to explore on their own and that's exactly what they needed. The museum looked ancient but it was magnificent. Artifacts from the early times till the colonial era to the present time were displayed in glass showcases. Bronze heads and ornaments; terracotta figurines; Metal and iron works from ancient times; Nok heads; Clay sculptures of past kings, pots and ornaments; Beautiful feather fans; items from the civil war;

"Wow" Anida said admiring the scene

"Whoa! That's a lot of history"

Cleo was speechless. Everything she researched on were just in front of her. All of Nigeria's culture in just one building