Chapter 15

A week had already passed since Cleo's meeting with the assassin. Jordan was still mad at Cleo for rejecting his offer but Cleo was too occupied to notice. She and her friends trained harder and tried not to get injured much. The city gave up on the lookout for the anonymous heroes which was certainly good news for the friends. Life went back to normal. Well as normal as it could be. There were no frequent attacks from Yoshi or the young assassin much to the friends' relief.

Cleo didn't tell her friends or grandpa about her meeting with the assassin. It would only bring scolding and she wasn't ready for that. Occupied with training, she totally forgot about the project that was due Thursday until she saw her friends adding finishing touches to their projects

She groaned. She hated last minute projects

                        ****

Cleo found herself standing in front of Jordan's house after asking Anida for directions. It was creepy that Anida knew where he lived but she kept her opinion to herself.

The building looked more like a mansion than a house. She still couldn't believe she came here. To his house. On her own accord. But it was all thanks to her project. Taking a deep breath, she pushed the door bell and waited. A minute later, a boy that looked her age opened the door. He was tall and slender, the curly black hair framing his round face gave him a cherubic look. He wore a casual shirt and jeans. His big green eyes watched her curiously.

"Who are you?"his baritone voice asked. Surely he hadn't seen this one before. The young master mostly brought home blonds. But this girl was quite the beauty.

"I'm Jordan's seatmate. We have an assignment that's due tomorrow"

"Come in then"He said and moved aside for Cleo. When Cleo stepped foot into the house, she couldn't help but gawk at the interior.

Is this a house?! It looked like a castle. The interior was decorated with the most authentic and no doubt expensive furniture judging from cream couch, the soft velvet carpets, the expensive paintings on the wall. As if that wasn't enough, maids in uniforms ran around cleaning the already spotless house.

She knew her seatmate was wealthy but damn!

Her eyes roamed about the room before settling on a huge family portrait that had a younger, happier, cuter Jordan with his mom and dad.

"Whoa" she said finally after looking around the living room.

The curly haired boy smiled at her
"Enjoying the view"

"I am. I think I'm in a castle" she said in awe making the curly haired boy chuckle
"You are funny. My name is Ryan Wright"he said, taking Cleo's hand

"Ryan. That's a nice name. I'm Cleopatra Anderson. You can call me Cleo" she said, realizing she didn't properly introduce herself.

"Cleo. That's a pretty name" he said kissing her hand making her flush. Ryan smiled at her finding her reaction cute before they heard an angry voice from the stairs

"What is she doing here?"Jordan asked furiously, narrowing his eyes at them, mostly on the hand that held Cleo's. The two turned to the stairs, as an angry Jordan descended the stairs

"Young master" the curly haired boy let go of Cleo's hand and bowed

Young master?!

"Who let her in?"he demanded

"I did. She said she was your seatmate and you had a project due tomorrow."Ryan explained while Jordan still glared at Cleo.

"Leave us."