Chapter 32

Our heroes clad in black got into the museum through a bolted door on the roof. Cleo scanned the area. No sign of any guards. They cautiously made their way into the secluded section that housed the said relic. And there it was, glistening in the moonlight. The golden inscription glowing. They were awestruck at how mystical and beautiful the sword was. The sword sat in it's glass prison, unguarded, patiently waiting for one of them to snatch it. They stood a safe distance from the legendary relic.

"What are we waiting for? Let's grab it and leave"Chris whispered

Cleo looked around. Something was off

"It's easy. Too easy" she observed, still looking around

Anida shrugged"Maybe. Let's just grab it and go"

"I have a bad feeling about this"Cleo said, her gut was warning her of danger

"Whatever. I'm going for it" Chris said impatiently as he made for the sword

"Wait for me" Anida whisper-shouts, running after Chris.

Immediately Chris made contact with the glass prison, a cage fell from above trapping Chris and Anida.

"What the-"Chris started but was too shocked to finish his statement.

Cleo's eyes were still wide in shock. None of them saw that cage. Where did it come from? She snapped out of  her shocked state when Anida cried for help. Cleo heard incoming footsteps and quickly ducked in a corner. The darkness provided her cover.

"Well. Well. Well." drawled the voice they knew too well. The person emerged from the darkness into the little light the moon provided.
"Isn't this a splendid surprise?"

"Yoshi!" Chris spat, glaring daggers at him

"Nice to see you again. Especially after what the Futanaga did to me"

"I wonder why you didn't die. You'll be doing the world a huge favor" Anida stated coldly.

"My heart" Yoshi said holding his chest in mock hurt "You hate me that much?"

"Better believe it asshole!" Chris snapped

Yoshi ignored him. His gaze fell on the relic "It's even more magnificent up close"

"Back off" Anida growled

Yoshi sighed"Your insolence never fails to amuse me"

Cleo rolled her eyes at this from where she hid.

Yoshi instantly noticed the absence of the dark skinned girl and smirked

"The Futanaga abandoned you? I thought this day would never come "

Chris snorted "Don't you get tired of being wrong."

Yoshi ignored this jab, refusing to show the blond that his words stung. He snapped his finger and a yellow skinned youth emerged, standing beside Yoshi. He looked tired and sad. Dark circles under his eyes. He looked a year or two older than them.

"Is that your new crony?" Chris asked looking at the pitiful state of the boy.

Yoshi shrugged"He was the only one left after I massacred his family" he smiled to himself

Cleo cringed. Anida almost threw up while Chris fell nothing but hate towards Yoshi.

"I had no choice" The youth whispered, obviously scared of the person standing next to him.

Yoshi snapped his finger again. The youth took off the glass, handing the sword to Yoshi

"Why thank you, Aro"