Chapter 23

"Aera, wake up! You've been locked yourself in the room for three days. What's the matter?"

Again.

I think I'm having déjà vu.

Again I shut myself up from a few days ago and I forgot about my weakened state due to lack of carbohydrate intake and so on. I only drink water and eat ramyeon when I'm hungry, and I leave my room quietly so my mom and dad don't have to scold me. Yesterday also Yoojung came to my house and she was angry because of my change in attitude. But I ignored it.

All of this because of a man named Jeon Jungkook.

You can say I'm stupid because I still think about that guy even though I already know that he's been dating Min Yuri, a rising new artist at the agency Jungkook works for. Yes, they are dating under one agency scope. The news about it on television really broke my heart.

"Honey, I know you don't sleep! Come on and have lunch with us. You don't miss your mom and dad, huh?" asked my mother from outside my room. I think that's the maximum volume she can put out. Still, if you counted one to ten, my mother's maximum volume was only five.

I slowly got up from my favorite bed and opened the door. There was a figure of a woman who I really love was standing in front of me. She immediately hugged me and kissed my cheek. Her face didn't change much. Remain soft and firm. It's just that wrinkles begin to decorate the corners of her eyes because she likes to smile.

"You don't miss your mother, do you?" she asked.

"Sorry, Mom. I have a busy life that can not be left behind. So I have to finish it for three days in a row," I replied then along with my mother walked downstairs.

"But at least you should see us this morning," she said. I saw my father was reading the newspaper this morning while waiting for me and my mother to come downstairs.

"Sorry mom." That's all I can say with a faint smile. Honestly, my feelings didn't improve from last night.

"Hello, Dad," I said. My father immediately turned his head and stood up while approaching me. He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly.

"How are you, Ae?" asked my father smiling. I nodded my head and smiled faintly as I walked to the dining table.

"Well, I concluded no then," answered my father.

I lifted my head to glance at my father who was taking his rice.

"It's not unusual for you to come home, what's the matter? Did Mrs. Lincoln allow it?" my mother asked.

I just nodded my head.

"I think my daughter is heartbroken, huh,"

I choked while drinking water when I heard what my father said.

"Eh, slow down!" exclaimed my mother in surprise while my father chuckled.

"Dad, how can you conclude like that??" I said not accept. I'm so lazy to discuss matters like this.

"You're my daughter, and I know what if you're heartbroken. You're really like me," my father said again with a smile.