Chapter 15

"Good morning, Alice!" call my co-worker when I walk into the publishing house, a caucasian girl I used to call Angel. The girl caught up with me to take the elevator to the fifth floor where we worked.

"Morning, Angel. You look different this time," I smiled at her. She sighed as she confirmed the bag that she was hanging on her shoulder.

"Yes, you can say I'm different because since I got married, I have to take care of this and that a lot. I can't take care of my body often, considering my work a lot," replied the girl who was a year older than me with a face that didn't look happy, "This the reason why I don't want to have commitment in a relationship."

I smiled slightly at this girl's grumbling. She is quite beautiful and it is true that she just got married two months ago. Her husband used to work in this publication, but after getting married, he resigned and worked elsewhere.

"I'm not saying you didn't look attractive today, Angel. You're still beautiful after your wedding," I replied.

She sighed and then smiled faintly, "I suggest you get married when you are old enough and you are ready to commit. Don't be like me," Angel said again when we reached the fifth floor. I just gave a small snort, smiled, then nodded my head. How do I think about marriage if I don't even have a lover?

I immediately walked to my seat and started turning on the computer. There are several books I need to translate from English to Korean. Even though the tasks given to me were not too many, still, it was very tiring and made me have to stay up late with the target time.

"Honey, can you take me to lunch today? Buy me the mainstay diet menu that I usually eat. You know it, right? Okay," said my colleague on the phone. Her name is Liliana and I used to call her Liana. She is younger than me by two years. This European mixed Asian girl is very beautiful with loose hair and slightly tanned skin. I sat in my chair when she finished the call and immediately turned her head to me.

"Good morning, Alice!" she said with cheerful smiles.

"Morning, Liana. That's your boyfriend?" I asked which she replied with a bow.

"Yup! I told him to bring a diet lunch for me today. Ah, I gained one kilogram, just so you know."

I smiled sadly at her words. I myself, who gained three pounds, didn't think much about how to lose it anymore. Liana is quite a popular girl because she is beautiful, her body is attractive, and she is good at communication. Those are good soft skills in literature. I just nodded my head and said 'oh'.

Imagine.

She who is two years younger than me already has a boyfriend! I feel like a woman who doesn't sell right now. Ah, me and her are different, of course.

Suddenly my phone rang and I immediately picked it up.

"Aera!" exclaimed Taehyung sounding happy at the other end.

"Oh, what's up?" I asked.

"I'm going to Canada today. I have business to do there. Can we meet tonight?" he asked the business.

"Oh, all right. Let me know later," I replied, smiling.

"OK."