Chapter 64

"I still cannot believe I locked you and Victor in a closet for nothing." Jade exclaimed irritated as Rosie threw a pillow at her.

I laughed as I brushed my hair in front of the vanity in my room. "Well, it was a good try."

Jade and Rosie were sitting on my bed, all of us getting ready for the Winner's Gala tonight. It was a formal event held every year to celebrate the end of the championship and officially award the cup to the winning team.

"I literally got you guys together on the first try and you watched me agonise in pain and try so hard for 2 months!" Jade pouted as Skye came out of the bathroom.

"So, what do you think?" She said scratching her elbow nervously as we turned around to look at her.

Skye looked majestic in this long sleeved pale blue gown, that stopped at her feet. It was ornamented with a beautiful hand made lace, and tiny sparkles here and there. It made her hair and eyes stand out; she truly looked amazing.

"Skye, you look beautiful." I said as Rosie and Jade nodded from my bed.

"Yeah, I told you this was your colour." Jade approved.

"Avril, what are you going to wear?" Rosie suddenly asked.

The girls had gone shopping for dresses together, but I'd decided to hang out with Victor instead. We'd won the game almost a week ago, but it felt like so much longer.

Finally being able to hold Victor's hand and kiss him in the hallways felt great. We'd gotten a couple of weird and confused looks from some, especially from Brad Olivers, the guy from the self defence class, who seemingly thought that kicking him in the balls meant I was into him.

But neither Vic nor I cared. After 2 months of hiding our every movement and having to stop any impulse we might have had, it felt good for Victor's arm to carelessly snake around my waist, or for me to go sit besides him without anyone commenting how weird it was.

"I don't know..." I said thoughtfully. "I haven't thought about it much." I shrugged as Rosie facepalmed.

"You owe me 5 bucks Rosie." Jade said smiling mischievously and holding her hand out as Rosie sighed and placed a 5$ bill in it, then going to the bathroom to change into her own gown.

"Eh, what?" I asked confused.

"Rosie and Jade made a bet about whether you'd forget about your dress or not." Skye shook her head. "Jade was very much convinced you wouldn't even think about it."

I sighed, exasperated. "Well, she was right."

"And it's also why I took the time to buy a new dress so you wouldn't be the ugly duckling at the Gala."

"What?" I exclaimed as Jade brought out of her bag a carefully wrapped package.

She walked to me and handed it over. "Consider it a 'congratulations for getting a boyfriend' gift." She winked as I chuckled.

"Thanks Jade, you're amazing." I smiled warmly at my red-headed friend.

"This will make your eyes stand out." She explained as I opened the package.

My mouth dropped as the dress unraveled before me. I had no words to describe it. It was incredible.

"Jade..." I murmured, suddenly feeling very insecure. "I don't know if I can pull it off."

"What are you talking about? Of course you can!" Rosie immediately reassured me as she came out of the bathroom.

Rosie's dress was beautiful too: it was a short red dress with shoulder sleeves, decorated by a veil that went all the way to her feet on the back of it. Small red flowers were hand sewn, giving the dress a warm and cozy feeling.