Chapter 13

I land back on the ground, panting heavily as I look at the scoreboard. 2-2 for our team.

I raise my arms in the air, laughing, as my hair now platinum blond blows in my face.

Arion and J.P. run towards me, throwing me to the ground as they hold me in a tight hug, the three of us laughing like idiots. As we stand up, I see Samguk smiling widely, giving me a thumbs up.

Riccardo approaches me, smiling. "And to say you had us all fooled." He chuckles, offering his hand.

"I'm a good liar." I smile back, my hair turning back to its normal brown color, as I take his hand and shake it.

Jade, Rosie and Skye are jumping in happiness too, shrieking my name every now and then.

I finally look over to Victor. He's staring at me thoughtfully, still unsure on what to think. I shake my head, looking at the opposing team. They're all grouped together, whispering and pointing at me. What are they even talking about?

"Come on," Arion pulls my arm, smiling, "one more goal and we win!"

I run back towards Samguk, placing myself as before. The rest of the players seem startled, but still aren't intending to play with us and disobeying the orders.

The opposing goalie throws the ball back in the game, and the players expertly pass Arion, Riccardo and J.P. This time, I don't even give them time to start the shot, and I leap forward stealing the ball.

I look over to Victor. He's clenching his fists, fighting an internal war. "Come on Vic, you can do it." I think as I keep running.

Out of nowhere, the captain of Mannouzaka appears and throws his leg at me.

Everything goes slowly. Just as I'm ready to endure the hit, two familiar arms grab me and push me as we roll out of the way. Victor.

He lands on top of me, and I groan as we finally stop rolling.

"Victor, what the hell-" I don't even finish my sentence that Victor stands up and runs to the Infinity Beyond.

"What the hell was that?" He screams, pointing at me. "You could have seriously injured her!"

"What?" I say as I sit up.

"Who cares?" He laughs off, before becoming serious again. "Oh, don't tell me you care about her now!"

"If I hadn't pushed her out of the way, she probably wouldn't be able to walk right now!" He hisses, clenching his fist.

I look at him in disbelief. So he pushed me out of the way... to protect me?

"I've had enough of this Blade! Whose side are you on?"

"Theirs!" He snarls as he runs towards the ball.

Victor takes the ball and evokes his warrior spirit, Lancelot master of knights. He uses his super move, death sword, and throws the ball towards the cage.

The goalie struggles, trying to hold it back, but fails at the last second and the ball enters the cage. I look at the score board while standing up: 3-2 for us. We're winning!

I run towards Victor, wanting to say something, but he just shrugs me off, shooting a death glare at Infinity Beyond.

"Not now." He says walking past me.

Arion and J.P. raise their arms, shrugging, as if to say "You know how he is!" as Victor positions himself.

The ball's back in the game, and the Mannouzaka is more determined than ever. Victor snatches the ball and runs forward. As two players appear in front of him, I run faster and shout: "Victor, over here!"