Chapter 43

We'd moved to the kitchen, but my mum was still grilling the team. Jade, Skye, Rosie and I had moved behind the counter, staring at the scene, while Neige cuddled in our feet.

The boys were all standing together, faces painted with worry and fear as my mum questioned them. My brothers were standing in front of the fridge, sipping on some cokes as they laughed.

"So? Come on, one of you has to be the boyfriend!" She exclaimed, looking at them with a seemingly sweet face.

"Huh... not really mam' " Aitor managed to murmur, as the others managed a nod. The whole time, Victor had been stiff, but at least he hadn't turned completely red like the others.

"Mum, how many times do I have to tell you I don't have a boyfriend?" I sighed, exasperated as the girls chuckled a bit.

"Oh come, Avril, you didn't get a hickey on your own, now, did you?" I turned bright red as all heads turned to me, and the team gasped. Victor, who'd been emotionless until now had turned pale white, and looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

What?

My mum noticed my surprised face and chuckled mischievously. "What, thought your scarf hid it well?" I jumped as Jade pulled the scarf off and revealed the half makeup hidden hickey.

"You do have a hickey!" She exclaimed as the guys looked like fainting, especially Victor who looked like he wasn't even breathing anymore. Jade's eyes widened, and just as she was about to look at Victor, I stepped on her foot. "Oww!" She exclaimed in pain as my dog quickly ran to Victor.

"Oh, Neige likes this one!" My mum happily said, as Victor crouched down and patted Neige, who wagged her tail happily in response, to avoid my mum's gaze.

"Mum, can you please stop this?" I begged, putting the scarf back on.

"Yeah, mamma, non è un po' troppo?" My brother Ben quickly backed me up. (Translation: Yeah, mum, isn't this a bit much?)

"Just wanted to know who was dating my daughter, that's all." Mum shrugged, turning her attention to the boys. "Now, it can't be you two, because you're dating the two of them over there." She pointed at Arion and Ryouma who quickly slipped away from the rest of the group.

"How did she know?" Skye asked surprised.

"Detective." I quickly mumbled, staring at my mum.

"Let's see who's left, shall we?" She said thoughtfully, looking at the rest of the team. Shit, she was going by elimination process.

I had to think of something before she linked Neige's fondness of Victor to the fact she already knew him, and everyone found out we were dating.

"Mum, stop! He's not on the team, ok?" All heads turned to me, surprised, as my mum narrowed her eyes on Neige who was playing in Victor's legs.

"You sure?" She then turned to me as I quickly nodded.

"Positive." She was about to add something else, but my brother Jason quickly saved me.

"How about you guys come to Jack's and I apartment? I think mum's still a bit shaken up from the fire." Jason sheepishly said.

"Jason, I've been shot at before! It's not a stupid fire that's going to-" She tried protesting, but Ben immediately interrupted her.

"Yup, mum, you need to rest! I'll take her away, you guys go, ok?" We all nodded and ran to the entrance, as I felt my mum protesting and struggling while Ben tried calming her down.

"Come on, the apartment isn't very far." Jack said when we stepped out of the house. He laughed as all the guys started running, not wanting to stay another second at my house.

I sighed in relief. Well, that was that.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me you and Victor were dating." Jade whispered as she stepped to my side. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Victor watching us carefully. He shook his head. Shit, I had to make something up.

"We're not, Jade. I told you, it's someone that's not on the team." I said firmly, which seemed to take her aback. I had to convince her I was dating someone else.

"Wait, for real? You and ice boy aren't dating?" She asked, incredulous. I bit my lip and nodded. I hated lying to her like this. "But you guys are made for each other!"

"No we're not, Jade. Will you please just drop it?" She went quiet as I gave a discreet thumbs up to Victor. He sighed in relief.

Jade danger avoided.

----------------
VICTOR'S POV

"I can't believe your mum grilled us like that." Aitor told Avril as he stretched on the couch.

The meeting was over, and everybody was getting ready to go back home. Jack and Jason had left to run some errands earlier in the afternoon, so we'd pretty much had the apartment all to ourselves.

"I told you she would. It's all your fault." Avril declared as she helped J.P. find his shoes.

"No, it's your boyfriend's fault for giving you that hickey. Whoever he is." Jade pouted, to which everyone agreed, as Avril glared at me.

I gulped hard. Ok, it was true we had been in a tough spot. When her mum had mentioned the hickey, my blood had basically froze, and I thought I'd drop dead there and then. Especially when Neige came over to me and almost blew everything up.

Luckily Avril had thought of a quick excuse and her brothers had saved us from further embarrassment, because at the rate it was going at, our cover would totally have been blown.

"How funny." Avril rolled her eyes as the team opened the door and stepped out.

"You sure you only need Victor to clean up?" Skye asked once more.

"Don't worry, we got this." Avril smiled warmly. Really, all we wanted was a moment just for each other.

"Alright well, see you tomorrow!" Arion squeaked and we all waved.

Once the group was out of sight, Avril gently closed the front door and sighed in relief. She then looked up to me.

"I can't believe all of this happened, just because you couldn't keep it in your pants." I chuckled as she kept glaring.

"You know, I distinctly remember you enjoying it." I smirked as she turned red in anger and embarrassment.

"Yes, but-" I didn't give her time to protest, as I picked her up and brought her to the couch. "Victor!" She squeaked as I sat her down in my lap.

She scoffed, hair all out of place, as I placed a strand of hair behind her ear. My arms snaked around her waist, as I kept her firmly in my lap.

"I'm sorry, alright? I didn't think we'd be put in this situation." I finally let out with a sigh.

"Hey." I felt her hand on my chin, raising my head to look at her. Her green eyes were sparkling, a small smile was painted on her lips. "Doesn't matter. The game is in ten days, and by then everything will be better." I nodded as she ran her hand through my hair.

"Hey. Stop messing it up." I protested playfully as she raised her eyebrow.

"Like you messed up my neck?"

That was the last straw. In a matter of seconds, my lips were onto hers, tongues intertwined, as she kept passing her hand through my hair and I tightened my grip.

I tried moving to her neck, but her hand quickly stopped me, and moved me back to her lips.

"Don't... even... try..." she whispered between kisses as a shiver ran down my spine and a smirk appeared on her face. She was playing dirty. Well guess what, two can play that game.

With no warning I bit her lower lip, wanting to get revenge, and she let out a moan of surprise and pleasure which excited every part of my body.

We kept kissing, not daring to part, even if we were out of breath.

"I knew you were dating the porcupine guy!" A voice behind us called as I loosened my grip on Avril's waist and she fell backwards on the floor in surprise.