Chapter 6

"You?" He exclaimed, and I had to rub my eyes to make sure they weren't playing tricks on me.

Out of all the people I could have ran over, it just so happened to be Victor Blade, a Fifth Sector scum.

"What the hell were you doing at 3AM?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well I certainly wasn't planning on getting killed that's for sure." He replied without even looking at me. I held my head in my hands, asking myself what the hell I'd done to deserve this as he tried to stand up.

"Fuck!" He yelled as he fell back down.

"Is everything ok?" I quickly glanced at his right leg. His knee had a deep cut and blood was trickling down from it.

It looked painful, but Victor just tried to play it off.

"It's fine." he grumbled, as he tried standing again. He was wobbly, and winced in pain as he put his weight on his right leg.

I looked at him again, before directing my eyes towards the first aid kit in the basket of my bike. I really hated him, but his cut looked deep, and I couldn't have another death on my conscience.

"Come on, go sit on that bench." I sighed, pointing at the latter behind him. "I'll get you a bandage."

"I told you it's fine." He hissed. "You don't need to do this."

"I ran you over, didn't I? Just go sit over there and stop being a big baby." I said, turning to my bike.

I heard him sigh in resignation as he hopped over to the bench, whining in pain every time he moved his leg.

I put my bike right again, tied it to the pole, and then headed for him with the medical kit. He was sitting on the bench, and I sat in front of him, legs crossed, as I started my work.

"What are you going to do, poison me?" He teased as I opened the box.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes. "If I wanted to kill you, I'd stab you to death." He chuckled a bit as I pulled out some distilling water.

I kept working in silence, and although he sometimes whined in pain, Victor did not make any snarky remarks. My hands were a bit shaky, probably from the fall and the fact he worked for the Fifth Sector.

I paused, looking at his bruise, and wondering how the hell someone could end up working for such an organisation.

"You ok?" He asked after awhile I'd stopped working.

"Can I ask you a question?" I finally looked into his amber coloured eyes for the first time of night. They look confused but intrigued. He paused for a moment and we just stared at each other.

"Do I get a question back?" He asked. "Huh." I thought. "So he has been curious about me too."

"Sure." I replied, wondering where this would go.

"Alright, you can go first." He said.

"Do you actually agree with the Fifth Sector's view on soccer? Do you actually think that soccer should be controlled and-"

"No." He didn't even let me finish my sentence, which startled me for a bit.

His answer had been way too fast, and as he looked in the distance, I could tell he wasn't totally sure of the choices he was making. I sighed, and got back to work.

"Ok," I said as I started taking out a cream, "your turn."

"You play soccer don't you?" He asked without missing a beat. I looked up to him with wide eyes.