Chapter 17

Percy POV

I sighed. Could I ever get five minutes of peace?

I snapped my fingers and my tuxedo morphed into my black armor. 

We all stood at Half-Blood Hill. When we saw the monster army, we knew that we were outnumbered. 

In the front, Hyperion himself led the army. 

Nevertheless, I drew Deathbringer and charged. I turned into a fiery hurricane, slashing and hacking at monsters. 

"Where is the son of the sea god? Is he a coward, like his father?" Hyperion bellowed. Leo charged at him, hurling fireballs at the Titan. 

Leo drew a sword and started slashing and hacking at him. Their fight was going at a standstill, when suddenly the Titan stabbed Leo in the stomach, and the son of Hephaestus collapsed. 

"No!" I yelled in rage. I quickly slashed through the legion of hellhounds I had been fighting and easily decapitated the Titan. 

I rushed to Leo's side, only to find Calypso already there. "Leo, it'll be all right." I touched the wound, and the wound tried to heal. Keyword tried. A bit of golden energy spread across the wound, but nothing happened. "Percy, it won't work. I'm leaving this world, and the two of you know that. I have only one last favor to ask of you, Percy. Take care of Calypso..."

And with that, his eyes closed for the last time. 

The monsters started to retreat. 

Everybody looked at us, and I sighed. 

"We need a shroud. A shroud for the son of Hephaestus."