Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty-Three

Terrance's POV

After Sara had told me to leave, I walked to my next class, pissed as hell. I'm sure Damon was going to screw with her, and I had a feeling she's going to run back to me after he did. Just the thought of him not sleeping with any girl he associates with is like thinking of hell freezing over and pigs flying- 99.9% impossible.

Sara was in my next class so she'd have to see me whether she liked it or not. I walked into the classroom and sat in the front row next to some random chick with makeup caked onto her face and long sandy hair.

She looked over at me, her eyes traveling up and down my body. I swear she was eye-raping me.

"I'm Amber," she says, her voice sounding like it was coming from her nose. "What's your name, handsome?"

"Taken," I mutter looking at her in disgust as she leaned forward on the desk, showing her cleavage.

She laughed coyly and hit my arm as if to say that was the funniest joke she'd heard. Maybe I was meant to be a standup comedian. Her eyes wandered to my arms and she let her finger trace the lines of my muscles. "Wow, Taken, you're strong," she purred.

Before I could even slap her hand away, the door opened, the bell rang, and I turned to see Sara. Her eyes landed on my face, traveled to my arm, then back up to my face with her expression replaced with a look of disgust and slight hurt. She rolled her eyes and walked to the back of the room, throwing her stuff down and slumping in the seat with her hand running through her hair.

I turned back to Amber to see her smirking back at Sara, then her eyes turned to mine.

"Your girlfriend is Sara Lloyd?" She scoffed in disbelief. Her eyebrows raised before she slid her hand off my arm as if she had no longer had interest. "Well at least she has good taste," she said as she turned her body to face the front of the classroom.

***
Lunch finally came around and I shot up from my seat and rushed out the classroom. I walked into the cafeteria and grabbed my food before heading outside to our usual table. Much to my surprise, Sara was sitting there with Tucker and Olivia. I walked over and set my food down across from Sara. Her face had turned from Tucker, who sat directly next to her, to me.

"Why aren't you sitting with your new boyfriend?" I asked before I had even thought about it. One of her eyebrows raised, a dark chuckle leaving her lips.

"I was about to ask the same thing about your new girlfriend," she bit back at me, her eyes blazing with anger. "But you know, I don't control you like a dog and expect you to remain faithful. We are taking a break from each other, aren't we?"

I eyed her with my eyes challenging her's as I retorted, "So that automatically gives you the right to be a slut and move on to Damon?"

Tucker stood up from his seat and looked ready to punch the crap out of me. "Don't you dare, Terrance."

Olivia pitched in, "Why are you defending her?" Tucker looked down at Olivia in disbelief.

"Because that's what friends do for each other!" Tucker looked at her with a since of annoyance. "You, of all people, should know that! Terrance just called her a slut and you're just watching it go down, but, luckily for Sara, she has more than just you and Terrance as friends."

"Since when did you and Sara become friends?" Olivia's voice asked, jealousy seeping through every annunciated word.

"No," Sara's voice cut in, raised from its normal level as she glared at Olivia. "Don't you dare think of acting jealous! There is nothing between me and Tucker other than friendship, and you should know that I don't stoop that low, Olivia! I told you that I would be friends with you, not your enemy."