Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four

Sara's POV

Damon and I continued to work on our project as a weeks passed by and made sure to pace ourselves since it was do right after winer break. I went over to his house every two days so that I could go for runs in between, just to make sure I stayed in shape of course. Meanwhile, Terrance had managed to avoid me, and I him, in all our classes, and Olivia was talking to me more, little by little, I guess to ensure that I hadn't changed my mind about trying to get along with her. Tucker and I still hung out together. Sometimes when he came to Damon's house while we working on our project, we'd take a break and talk for awhile. All was well in my life.

"So what are you doing over the break?" Damon asked me as we walked through the school, on our way to his car.

"Nothing," I shrug. "I usually just lay around and hang out with my sister. You already know I wasn't much of a social kind of girl."

"Meaning, you are now?" Damon teased, elbowing me. I rolled my eyes bumping him back. "Anyway, do you think maybe we could hang out over the break? I mean we could finish up our project and then, just you know, hang around."

The nervousness in his voice made a small smile make its way to my face. "You know what? Yeah. I think that'd be cool, just as long as we're both on the same page here."

"And which page might this be?" Damon asked.

"We are just doing this as friends, Damon. Nothing more and nothing less," I stop in my tracks and look at him. He stops a little ahead of me, looking at me with the same expression of seriousness.

"Of course," he says as if he was in disbelief of me suggesting something other than friendship. "Sara, I promised you how I wanted to be related to you, which is just to be good friends. I'm happy with how close we are now, and I would never ruin that by making you seem more or less to me, I promise."

I stared into his eyes, looking for a twitch that told me he was lying, but bound none. I nodded my head in response before beginning to walk to Damon's car.

Today, Tucker wanted to hang out, so Keith and him were standing against the car, chatting as they waited.

"Finally," Tucker let out dramatically as he saw the two of us in a two feet distance of the car. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist in a hug. "Awe, did you miss me that much?"

I pulled back to glare at him. "Fine. I'm not giving you hugs anymore," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"No," Tucker whined. "I's just kidding! Gimme a hug!"

I backed away as he opened his arms and lunged towards me. I just shook my head and went to the other side of the car, getting into the back seat. As I closed the door, I heard Keith scold Tucker.

"Get in the car, you damn panty waste."

Damon, Keith, and Tucker all got into the car, but Damon was sitting in the back seat.

"But she won't give me hugs anymore!" Tucker continued to whine. I'm sure he washing doing it now to get on the two Monroe's nerves.

We were currently sitting in the media room, with Damon sitting in between Tucker and I, since Tucker was still playing stupid.

"Well, that's because I don't want to hug you," I mimicked his whiny tone. He stuck out his lip and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Will you guys just stop bickering and settle your differences?" Keith's muffled voice groaned as he talked from the carpet.

"I know our differences already," I respond. "He's a boy, I'm a girl, he's weak, I'm strong. Battabing battaboom."

Tucker dropped his jaw, looking at me with a glare. "Oh no you didn't."