Chapter 41

Tonight was the night- well it wasn't exactly prom or anything, but it was the night of the 50's dance. Damon had dropped me and Olivia off at my house before he went to Tucker's to do whatever it was guys did after five minutes of getting ready.

Us girls on the other hand, started getting ready probably three hours before the event. We took showers, blowdried our hair, then waited for Tammy to show up, since she was our dress tailor, as well as our volunteer make-up and hair stylist.

"I have arrived, my lovelies!" Tammy welcomes herself in with the key I had given her a while ago. She had of course managed to scare the crap out of Olivia and me. "Who's up first?"

"Olivia is," I said quickly, shoving Olivia to my aunt. My best friend gave me a look, but I shrugged. "I need to mentally prepare myself. You're used to this crap- I'm not." That received an eye roll.

After getting out everything she thought she would need, Tammy began her her work. She put hot rollers in Olivia's hair, placing them in expertise, before starting on her makeup. She did a nude shade over Olivia's eyes, as well as a natural color for her lips. Tammy put a line of eyeliner under the lid of Olivia's eyes, before giving her eyelashes the perfect length.

With one last thumbs up to her own make-up job, Tammy began taking out the curlers in Olivia's hair. It fell down past her shoulder in bouncy, springy curls before Tammy started to pin them up, rolling the front into victory rolls, as they used to call them. Then she added some touch-ups and hairspray, finishing off the look perfectly.

"Alright, sugar-bun," my aunt giggles, grabbing Olivia's dress off the door and handing it to her. "Go put this on, and let's see how beautiful you look!"

Olivia laughs, taking the plastic wrapped dress in her arms before retreating to the bathroom. A few minutes later she came out, revealing her in the beautiful light blue dress, dotted with white polka-dots. The straps wrapped around to the back of her neck, and the top was form fitting while the bottom was more loose. It fit her figure amazingly, probably because of the adjustments Tammy had made.

"You look adorable, Olivia," Tammy smiles, clasping her hands as she turns to me. "And now it's your turn my sweet niece."

I had lost track of the time it took for Tammy to fix me up, but my legs had started to tingle. With me, she used a curling iron for the bottom of my hair and also for the victory rolls on the top of my head. The makeup didn't take as long as I had thought it would. Tammy insisted on me not needing much of it.

"Your turn!" Tammy says with giddiness as she hands me my own dress. I take it from her, walking into the bathroom and shutting it behind me. My dress was different from Olivia's. The color was solid- a cherry red- with sleeves that went right above my elbows and a low-cut chest, thankfully covering my cleavage with a large bow-like thing.

When I looked in the mirror, I was proud of the image in front of me. Inside, I hoped that Damon would like it as much as I did. With a deep breath, I opened my bathroom door, stepping into my room only to hear giggles and whoops.

"Girl, Damon's gonna be all over you," my aunt giggles. I can't help but smile and blush, even if it can't be seen through the blush I was already wearing. "Don't worry, I won't tell your uncle."

"Better not," I mutter.

"Okay, you two, I brought shoes for each of you," Tammy holds up a box to each of us. I opened mine, twisting my lips into a face when I saw the two inch heel- not too bad. They were like ballet flats with a band to wrap around the ankle. Olivia's were the same, only her's were black while mine were the same cherry red as my dress.

"Oh goodness," Tammy's eyes begin to water as she sees the full product. "You girls are so beautiful. I have to get a picture!" She pulled her phone from her back pocket and motioned for us to stand together, snapping some quick shots before nodding for us to let go of each other. Tammy looked down at the watch on her wrist. "Those boys should be here any minute now."