Chapter 27

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sara's POV

Friday morning, I woke up and got dressed, then helped Madeline get dressed. I didn't really feel like dealing with my hair so threw into a messy bun, then put on a little eyeliner and mascara. My outfit consisted of a mid-waist graphic Panic! at The Disco shirt, bleached denim high waisted shorts, and black combat boots.

For some reason I had woken up early today, so I decided I'd walk to school. After I dropped Madeline off at the Willis', I began my journey to school, back pack hanging loosely on my back since I didn't have much in it. As I waked down the sidewalk, I heard a car driving behind me. It sounded like it was going slowly, so I glanced back to see that it wasn't too far behind me. A surge of panic and fear surged through me as I began to pick up the pace. My heart was thumping in my chest and thoughts of the last night at the warehouse crossed my mind.

Then, the car drove past me. I let out a big breath of relief. Maybe the driver was just looking for a house or something. I guess I really didn't have anything to worry about.

The rest of my walk was about five minutes until I was at school. There was around thirty minutes till our classes started, so I went to the spot where the group hangs out until then. As I stood there, I heard my phone ring from my backpack.

I pulled it out and answered, "Hello?"

"Where are you, Sara?" Terrance's panicked voice responded.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry. I forgot to call you and tell you that I was going to walk to school."

"It's fine. As long as you're okay, Sara. I'll see you in a few."

I hung up the phone and stuffed it back into my backpack. As I wait, I glance over at where Damon's usual group stood to see that he wasn't there. I brush it off as I see Terrance's car pull into the school parking lot. Before long he's standing in front of me with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, baby," he pecks my lips.

"Hey," I smile back up at him.

"Are you excited about the party tonight? It is your first," he says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I shrug. "Parties just don't seem like they would be my thing to be honest. You know I'm not really the social type."

"Yeah, yeah," Terrance mutters. "Just trying to strike up some conversation here."

"Well your attempts were feeble," I tease, poking his nose, which wrinkles in the process. I giggle, looking deeply into his beautiful green eyes, which look over my features intensely.

"You are so beautiful, Sara," Terrance says as his eyes finally meet mine. I feel my cheeks warm up before I press my lips to his in a soft kiss, which he eagerly returns. I pull away, resting my forehead on his.

"Thank you," I reply to his compliment.

"Okay," I hear Olivia's voice, which causes the two of us to pull our faces away from the other. "I promise not to kiss Tucker in front of you if you don't kiss Terrance in front of me."

I roll my eyes at her dramatic statement. "Yeah, sure."

"Thank you," she says, smiling innocently at the both of us. Just then, the bell rings, signaling our walk to hell. We all trudge into check-in before heading our separate ways to go to each of our classes. Damon had been in all my classes, which for some reason was a relief.

Once the last bell rang, he walked over to me as I packed up my things.

"So what time should I be at your house by?" He asks, watching my hands push the books into my backpack.