Chapter 31

Chapter Thirty-One

Damon's POV

"Dude," Tucker trails off before he takes another huge bite out of his sandwich. We were sitting at my house on Saturday and I had just told him everything about what happened with Sara yesterday. "Your guys were seriously after her? She was the fighter?"

"Yeah," I say. "I didn't even know it was her, man. I should've known, I mean she had the scars, but I guess it had slipped my mind when I saw them."

"Why would she pissed at you then? You saved her butt," he says, confused.

"I don't know. She wouldn't tell me, but I think she's upset about her whole breakup with Terrance," I say nonchalantly.

"You sly dog," Tucker says shaking his head. "You totally stole Terrance's girl."

I roll my eyes. "Those weren't my intentions. He just took everything the wrong way and he hurt Sara by doing that," I mutter.

Tucker nods, swallowing the last of the sandwich. He looks at me with a smile. "You like her."

"No, really?" I glare at him. "I just don't know how it's supposed to go now. I've never done this stuff before."

"Well good thing you've got a good friend like me, huh?" Tucker says, dusting off his hand sand standing up. "If you want me to, I'll help you out with this stuff."

"I don't know," I trail off, scratching the back of my neck. "I guess you could."

Tucker's lips curled up like a Cheshire cat's, and I felt a slight fear as he rubbed his palms together as he says,"This going to be good."

***
Sara's POV
***

I almost threw my phone at the wall when it the alarm on it went off on Monday. My sister woke up at the sound of it and the two of us got dressed before we grabbed our things and headed over to the Willis' house.

"Sara?" Madeline's voice snapped me from my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"When do I get to go to school?"

I feel a small pang in my chest when she asks. I'd have to send her to school someday, but without that money, it would be difficult to go through.

"Hopefully soon," I say. She just nods and hugs me as we stand on the porch of the Willis' house. I hug her back before knocking on the door. She gives me one last smile before she walks into the house.

I start my walk to school, wondering how the day would go with all of this stuff with Damon going on. My mind began to wonder about what Mrs. Willis had said Friday. Even after thinking over it the whole weekend, I still didn't know where my feelings were in terms of Damon. He got on my nerves so much, but I had an attraction to him that a part of me didn't want to have. I guess I just didn't want to get hurt by him, and saying I didn't like him was almost a defense mechanism.

I snap myself back to reality once the school comes into my view. I take a deep breath through my nose as I weave through the waves of students, towards the part of the wall that Olivia, Tucker, and I usually stand. They were there at the wall, and much to my relief.

"Oh, hey, Sara," Tucker says with a small smile.

"He told you didn't he," I squint at him as stand next to him.

"That easy to read, huh?" Tucker chuckles.

"Yeah. Just for future reference, don't ever play poker," I say sarcastically. Then I stiffen ever so slightly. "What all did he tell you?"