Chapter 37

Chapter Thirty-Seven

That was awful.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad," Damon chuckles, wrapping his arm around my waist as we make our way to baggage claim.

"My ears are killing me, and I swear I thought I would puke if I didn't close the window," I started naming off all the horrible things. "And who brings a young, whiny child on an airplane for everyone to hear? I mean seriously?"

"Well it's usually not that bad," Damon says as we wait for our bags to come around. "Plus, you haven't been on a plane since you were what? Three?" I nod. "You're obviously not used to it, and I bet by the next flight you'll be fine."

The bags come around and Damon grabs them. He let me drag my own suitcase and carried his own computer bag and suitcase. He led me out of the airport and toward car pool. There was a man by a car with a sign that read 'Monroe Rental'. Damon walked up to him, thanking him as he took the keys to the convertible BMW before grabbing the bags and putting one in the trunk and setting the other large on in the back seat.

We got into the car and he began driving. I observed my surrounding, noting that Austin was a little different from Chicago.

"So are we staying at a hotel?" I ask, looking over at him. Then, I noticed he had put on a pair of sun glasses as he looked over at me.

"Nope," he shakes his head. "We're heading to the house my dad bought here. Every now and then, when he travels for a case, he'll come here."

I nod my head in understanding before looking back out of the window. I kinda wanted the top to be down, but at the same time it was kind of chilly outside.

Before long, we arrived at a beautiful house. It wasn't nearly as big as the one in Chicago. This one was a two story and from what Damon told me, it was a five bedroom.

"Why five bedrooms?" I ask.

"Have you seen the Chicago house?" He chuckles. "My dad is really weird about spending money on things he really doesn't need. Like the six cars in our garage and the others he's bought for other houses."

"Oh," I reply, not really sure how to respond. We walk into the house and he takes the bags to one room and then enters into the room right next to it.

"If you don't like this room, there are three others to choose from," he sighs, setting the suitcase down.

"This will be fine," I shrug. "Thanks you."

"You're welcome," he says, pecking my lips. "In an hour you need to at least to put on a pair of jeans or something. We're going somewhere awesome."

"Somewhere awesome? How vague," I say, laughing.

"Just be prepared to be in a kind of outdoor place for a while," he smiles, leaving the room before I can ask where. I close the door and just change into jeans now before throwing myself onto the queen size bed that I was provided with, letting myself slip into sleep.

"Sara," I hear Damon's voice, but I just roll away from it. "Come on, babe, wake up."

"Mm-mm," I mumble in protest.

"I guess we're not going to that concert then," he trails off. I open my eyes, rolling over to look at his smirking face.

"What concert?" I ask him slowly.

He rolls his eyes and sighs. "Have you even bothered to look at the t-shirt I picked for you to wear today?" I furrow my eyebrows before pulling my shirt so I can look at it. Then my eyes widen as I read the band name.