Chapter 28

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Sara's POV

When I Monday came around, a huge dread came over me. I really didn't feel like dealing with people today, or at anytime really, and I don't think I could face Damon- there was just something telling me that there would be an issue with him today.

I reluctantly got dressed into a pair of jeans, a flannel shirt, and matching converse. After, getting Madeline dressed, I grabbed my things for school and the two of us walked to the Willis' house. Without a single bounce in my step, I walk to school, not even bothering to text Terrance to let him know I was walking. Right now, he really wasn't my main concern.

My eyes stay on the ground in front of me as I walk up to the school entrance. Due to my late rising, everyone was already inside the school and there were probably around five minutes till check-in. After I grab my things from my locker, I make my way to check-in. As soon as I walk, I see Terrance look up at me, with an expression I don't bother to read as I walk to the back of the classroom.

I sit down, slouching in my chair. Before long, I'm not alone. My eyes dart up to Terrance's, as he sits in the seat next to me.

"Where did you go on Friday, Sara?" He asks, a grim tone in voice.

"I'm not in the mood for you to go protective boyfriend mode, right now," I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"Well, tough," he snaps back. My eyes seem to open a little wider and I feel my jaw tighten. "I'll ask you again. Where did you go during the party Friday night?"

"None of your damn business. I don't know what the hell has gotten into you, but you might want to snap out of it." I watch his face contort into complete rage before he stands up, leaving me. I couldn't help but think good riddance. What the hell was his fucking problem?

I begin my journey to first period after the bell, brushing past every single student, who just happened to be standing in the middle of the freaking hallway while they socialized. I swear, I need a neon sign above my said 'Irritable; don't make me punch you', on top of my head.

"Sara," I hear the voice that I had been hoping to avoid. I try to ignore it as I keep walking, picking up the speed of my steps, and even shoving a few people. "Hey, wait!"

I turned into the classroom, though I knew Damon would be in my class either way, and sped to the back of the classroom.

"Sara, seriously," Damon says, walking towards me. "Please don't avoid me. You said you trusted me. That hasn't changed had it?"

"No, it hasn't, but that doesn't mean we're okay now," I say, glaring at him.

"What the he'll did I do?" he asks incredulously, throwing his hands in the air. He lowered down to my level, as well as the volume of his voice. "I saved your life, Sara. You'd think you wouldn't be so cold towards me."

"You don't understand," I bite back, catching the attention of a few students due to my raised volume. "You have no idea what I'm going through, or what I've been through, so don't accuse me of not calling you my knight in shining armor. That's not who you are to me, Damon, so you can just get that out of your head right now."

Damon stands up straight, turning to the seat beside me, which makes me roll my eyes. I look over at the door just as Terrance walks into the class. His eyes wander to me, then they snap between Damon and I. Once I saw the smoke coming out of his ears, I realized why he was acting so stupid- he was jealous. These idiot men, I swear.

Class went on, and I pretty sure people felt the tension between Terrance, Damon, and I. Damon and Terrance were constantly looking at each other with strong hatred, while I was just pulsing with irritation and frustration. They acted like such children, and for what? Me? Newsflash, there are plenty of other women to screw around with, thanks.