Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Terrance's POV

After school, I headed back to the gym. I wanted to ask the coach whether I could still get onto the football team, since football was definitely a passion of mine.

I knocked on the door, receiving a booming 'come in'. I opened the door to find one of the male coaches, the football coach, sitting back, feet on his desk, with papers in his hands. He looks up at me before putting his feet down and scooting up to his desk.

"How can I help you, son?"Coach takes off the reading glasses he had been reading and set them down.

"Hello, sir. I was wondering if I could be on the football team, after trying out of course. I'm new here and I never got the chance," I shove my hands in my pockets as I brace myself for a negative or positive response.

"Well, I'm in need of another player, since one of mine decided to get into a fight the other night. You can come try out in two days on Friday." He paused and looked over my face. "You look kind of beat up yourself, actually. Want to explain?" the coach raised an eyebrow at me.

"I got beat up by a group of guys a couple days ago," I state with embarrassment. The coach nods and I realize I don't even know the guy's name. "Um, sir, what is your name?"

"I'm Coach Dereson, thanks for asking. What's your name, son?"

"Terrance Smith, sir."

"Well, Terrance, I guess I'll see you on Friday." Coach Dereson stands up and walks around the desk to shake my hand.

"Thank you so much, sir. I'll see you then," I smile, shaking his hand. I leave the gym and head to my locker to get my stuff I need for homework.

I hear footsteps approach and I tense up, but carry on with out my books in my bag.

"I thought my brother and I told you to stay away from Sara," I hear a deep voice that I recognize as Damon's.

"Well," I start, zipping up my backpack and turning to him as I fling it over my shoulder. "You don't control me, like I said last time you said that."

"And like last time I might have to beat the shit out of you," Damon grounds out, getting in my face. We were about the same height, but he had more muscle on him while I was more fit than buff. I could tell his muscular growth wasn't just from sports. It was definitely something else.

"Hasn't your mother ever told you to use your words?" I taunt. I know I'm just digging a deeper hole, but if I got a good comeback, I'll use it.

His fist came up and collided with my stomach and I grunted. I stood my ground, though, connecting my fist with his jaw, or at least trying to. His hand caught mine and he squeezed it making me groan in pain. My knee came up and I got him right where I knew it hurt, making him fall to the ground and release my fist. As soon as I can, I punch Damon on his right cheek and straddle him so he can't get up, continuing to let my fists collide with his face.

I stopped my assault to see he wasn't struggling, and that I had knocked him out. I stood up and put on my backpack before looking down at him with disgust, and maybe a little bit of guilt. I haven't had to do that since... No. I can't go back down that lane in my memory.

"I'm not weak. I'm not weak," I shut my eyes tightly clenching my fist at my side. "You're not weak, Terrance."

***
Sara's POV
***

Terrance had told me to wait in the car while he went to go ask the coach if he could try out for football.

So here I am, sitting in the car with nothing to do, other than listen to the radio, which wouldn't be bad if I listened to the music that Terrance listens to, which happened to be country, plus it's hot since the windows are only cracked at the top.

I rest my head on the window and face off into the distance, going into a daze. I should probably go to the gym today for training. I usually go every night, but I didn't go the past two nights since I was with Terrance.

I dialed Joshua's number and waited as it rang.
"Hello?"

"Hey, J. I was wondering if I could train with you this evening, since I haven't these past two days."

"For sure, Sara. I'll meet you at the gyms around 5, okay?"

"Yep. Thank you so much, Joshua!"

"No problem, Sara. Bye."

And the call ends. Not two minutes later, there's a tap on my window. I smile, thinking its Terrance, only to find one of the devil spawns himself.

"Oh my gosh. Go the hell away, Keith," I exasperate, rubbing my temple.

"Can't we just talk? Just roll down the window so we can talk," Keith sticks out his bottom lip in a pout, but I just deadpan.

"What is there to talk about, Keith? I really don't want to have to beat your sorry ass," I fake smile. I honestly wouldn't mind beating the living crap out of him.

"Why are you dating this Terrance kid? I mean you could do so much better. I mean, look at me," he motions towards himself with a matter of fact tone and look. "Or even my idiot brother. Seriously, Sara, think about it."

"You and your brother's cocky-asshole-selves can help yourselves by leaving me alone. Sure you can give yourself an E for effort, but your efforts are P for pointless," I was sitting up in my seat now instead of leaning on it. "I know your games, Keith. I know how you plan on 'treating' me. Just stop your stupid act and move on."

Keith just shakes his head, but before he can finish a voice comes from behind him.

"Step away from my car, Keith," We automatically turn to Terrance who has his hands in his pockets. His eyes look fierce and his hair was disheveled.

"Where the hell is my brother?" Keith growls out.

"Why would he know? He-" I stop and look at Keith in complete and utter rage once I realize the whole jest. "You lying son of a bitch, this was part of your plan- distract me while your dumb brother 'dealt' with Terrance."

"You listen here, bitch," Keith points at me, his eyes flashing dangerously. Before he finishes, Terrance fists the back part of his collar, pulling him away from window.

"No, Keith, you listen. If I ever hear you call her that ever again, it'll be the last words you ever say," Terrance grounds out. To say I was shocked, was an understatement, but no matter how weird, it was a total turn on to see Terrance so- I don't know- tough? Whatever the hell it was, I liked it.

Terrance lets go of Keith's collar and says,"Go get your brother and don't ever, and I do mean ever, talk to Sara like that again. Actually, don't speak to her at all."

Before Keith could say another word, Terrance had came to his side of the car and gotten in. I just looked at him in complete surprise as he drove out of the parking lot.

"Your house?" Terrance tries to soften his voice, but he's tense.

"Yeah," I say, trying to keep from smiling. Terrance could defend himself- I guess it was a sense of confidence. "Are you on drugs or sometime now?" I joke.

"Nope," he pops the 'p'. "As sane and sober as the hulk."

"You know that's basically a double negative," I trail off.

"That's the point," he chuckles, but his face becomes slightly solemn. "I just snapped, I guess."

"That means I snap all the time," I mutter sarcastically.

Terrance looks over at me incredulously, saying,"Are you shitting me? You do snap all the time!"

I just roll my eyes. "I'm going to training today so you're going to have to go back home."

"Oh okay," Terrance nods. I see him adjust his grip on the wheel before he hisses and relaxes his hands back to their previous position on the steering wheel.

"What's wrong?" I ask worried. I look down at his hands sitting in between us more closely and see bruises forming on his knuckles. "You must have seriously beat that idiot. My gosh. "

Terrance just smirks, saying simply, "What goes around comes around, Sara."

********
Song: What Goes Around Comes Around by Justin Timberlake. ;)