Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Sara's POV

The last bell of the day rings and I grab my back pack, heading out of Sex Ed. The whole time, Damon was staring at me and it really freaked me out. I went to my locker and put away my stuff, since I had finished my homework like I promised Joshua, and shut it, to find Damon back next to me on that locker.

"What do you want, Damon? Did you not get my message this morning?" I crossed my arms.

"I did get your message this morning, so I thought about what you said, and I want you to go out on a date with me," He says, leaning up against the locker. My eyes widen.

I touch his forehead, saying, "I think you have a temperature. Are you feeling sick, Damon?"

"No, why would I?" he asks, swatting my hand away.

"You're punking me, Damon. Where's the hidden camera at, huh?" I ask, looking around. This guy couldn't be serious. "The Damon Monroe did not just ask me out on a date without trying to touch me first."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Is this what this about? You think I'm joking?"

"Uh. Yeah, duh! You never ask girls on a date. You're usually like 'you wanna hook up at my place?' " I mimic him in a deep voice making him roll his eyes. "Why would you be asking me, of all people on a date? Wouldn't you like to date Amber?" I sneer.

"First off, I don't sound anything like how you just mimicked, and second, no," He says. "She cheated on me, when we did date, but that isn't your business. Will you go on a date with me or not?" He asks, getting frustrated.

"I'll have your answer later. I have places to be," I say slinging my backpack of clothes, mouth guard, and tape on my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" he asks, curiously, coming closer to me as I moved away.

"Nowhere. I mean, none of your business," I say, turning to walk away, but he grabs my arm.

"What are you hiding, Sara? I know you're hiding something," his blue eyes pierce into mine, but I don't back down. I snatch my arm from his and walk out the door.

I see Joshua's black jeep parked by the sidewalk. He was listening to the radio and jamming out with the windows down. I shake my head and laugh as I open the door, making him snap his attention to me.

"Oh! Hey, Sara!" He says as I shut the door and buckle up. "How was school?"

I do the soso sign and he furrows his eyebrows, saying," Usually it's just good or bad. I've never heard of a mix. What made it bad?"

I run a hand through my hair, sighing, "There's this guy at our school, who won't leave me alone. From the beginning of the day, he was being a douche and all throughout the day. Then, when I was about to leave, he asked me out on a date. Like what the hell?"

"Language, Sara Grace Lloyd," he gave me a pointed look. "That's odd though. What did you say back?"

"I told him that I'd answer tomorrow."

"Okay. I think something's off about that. I don't think you should go on that date, Sara."

"I wasn't going to. I knew something had to be up, I mean he was just trying to get in my pants yesterday, now he wants to go out with me? Nice try."

I look out the window, and realize we still haven't gone anywhere. Just then, Damon and his brother, Keith walk out of the doors. Damon looks straight at me with a confused look, then to Joshua, his eyes growing wide.

"Is that him, Sara?" Joshua asks, pointing at Damon. I nod and look back at Damon. He looks frightened as he walks to his car.

"Could we get to the gym? I really need to work on my technique," I say, trying to get out of here.