Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

Sara's POV

I sit up in my bed, groaning as the soreness of last night's training make my muscles cry out in protest. I swing my feet to the side of my bed, trying to fight the pain coursing through my muscles, and stand up, staggering to my closet.

I pick out a pair of jegings along with a long white t-shirt, and some combat boots to go with it.

After I change, I head to the bathroom and fix my hair into a messy bun before go to Madeline's side of the bed to wake her up. "Wake up, baby girl," I whisper, shaking her lightly. She stirs but just snuggles deeper into the covers. "Come on, Madeline. Wake up."

With a sigh of a childish annoyance, she sat up looking at me sleepily, before slipping out of the bed.

After I got her dressed and fed, we walked out the door and to the Willis's house. As soon as I dropped her by, I began my walk to school since I had gotten out early.

The walk felt like eternity due to the pain that was radiating all over my body. When I finally arrived at the school, I saw Olivia standing with Terrance by the doors. I walked over to them, with a slight huff as I finally get to rest.

Terrance looks over at me. His expression goes from happy to see me, to a scowl. I'm sure my face was flushed from being sore and walking over here.

"Please tell me you did not walk here," Terrance squints at me I'm annoyance.

"What would happen if I did?" I retort, looking him in the eye challengingly.

His face moves closer to my face, then past it as his lips brush my ear. "Then I'll just have to make it up to you."

I couldn't help but let that almost involuntary shiver course down my spine. This boy would surely be the death of me.

"Guys, I'm right here," Olivia groans, causing Terrance to pull away from me with a low and deep chuckle. "Gosh, you should get a room. I'm innocent, remember?"

"Not for long from what I've heard," I mutter, giving her a somewhat pointed look.

"Oh my gosh," Olivia blushes, hiding her face in behind her hands. "That won't be happening anytime soon."

"Wait," Terrance says before I can respond with a sarcastic remark. "What the hell are you guys talking about?"

"Ahem," Olivia interjects. "I will share that information, since it is my information to tell. Be patient, young padawon."

"Don't refer to me as something from Star Wars, Olivia," Terrance glares at her playfully with a groan of annoyance.

"Hush," Olivia looks anxious to tell. "If you would let me speak, you'd know by now that I'm going on a date with Tucker!"

"No you're not," Terrance says, laughing. Once he saw the serious expression of both Olivia and me, the light and joking mood evaporated into thin air as looks at Olivia in disbelief. "Why are you going out with him, of all the guys that go here?"

"That's my business, Terrance. At least it's not Damon or Keith," Olivia retorts back, her expression going from excited to irritated in a snap of a finger.

"Guys, just stop it," I say before anymore words can be exchanged between the two. "Terrance, Olivia can make her own decisions. She can decide whether she likes Tucker or not and goes on from that point on her own," I tell him before turning to Olivia. "And you, Olivia, need to think about the fact that Terrance is probably trying to protect you, in his friendly ways. Like me, I'm sure he doesn't want your heart broken."