Overall, I'm pretty proud of how handy I got over the years. But I'd be lying if I said I ever actually planned on living here once more. I detest the underground. I hate the practices done here to survive, which is why I chose to be homeless above the ground over a safe home here.

I sit on the futon I managed to grab from the marketplace for a cheap price six years ago, watching the dust dance in the air as I do. With another sigh, I stand up and dust the futon completely before sweeping around doing maintenance. After that's done, I blow out all of the candles and finally lay my head to rest.

This cycle continues for a month.

Eventually, I became tired of being alone. But even if I'm alone, I'm proud that I haven't needed to go above ground to get any essentials, but alas, the time has come. I've run out of toothpaste, which is surprising to say the least.

Leaving my mini house, I head out to the lower markets to purchase some other things I needed for my place. The regular threats thrown at me from people didn't bother me—I knew they came from insecurity. Part of me was conflicted; I don't want to live the rest of my life in hiding from the Survey Corps, and I sure as hell don't want to be stuck underneath here forever.

The other part, however, was completely content with being by myself and away from everyone else. It's only about time until Levi will try to look for me before giving up. There's no way he knows about how the underground works, at least, it doesn't seem like it. Many people talked about his rough past, but none of the rumours ever concerned me. Although I did wish to know more about that side of him, I never really felt it was necessary to know those stories in order to care for him.

The trip to the surface didn't take long, and soon enough, I'm back in the underground, heading home.

I click my tongue and begin navigating to my hidden entrance which is located near the outskirts of the underground—a place where people barely went because of its rocky terrain. It was difficult to be quiet around here, especially since most of the trails were pure gravel. Anyone who wanted to stay here and survive needed to be agile and conscious of their surroundings, which is why I'm surprised someone has been able to keep quiet for so long while following me.

I stop in my tracks and turn around.

"You can come out now." I call out.

Silence.

"Tch. It's no fun if you don't come out." I tease again.

Once again, there is no response.

Rolling my eyes, I begin to head back to my house, knowing that I'd kill anyone who'd come close. I don't hear footsteps behind me, so I decide I'm not going to entertain this chase any longer. As expected, nothing is following me once I turn to close the final door to the house. I go on about my day per usual, not paying any attention to whatever happened earlier today. Even if they did come in, I have no worry that I'd be able to kick their ass.

The only people I do think about are my first squad, the trio, and Hang--well, at least the ones I think about in a positive light. Of course I miss my comfortable mattress and the way the light confidently shines through the window of my room, but this distance was warranted. Maybe this is a sign that I need to learn how to build a bedframe and purchase a better mattress.

And another evening passes quietly.

The next morning, I head outside to catch some fresh air since the circulation inside my little hole isn't the best. I'm a bit surprised I haven't sensed any other presences near me since the following last night, but I'm also not sure if they've gathered a group with them to eliminate me.