70

-Kaisa-

"-and then I broke his arm." Levi calmly tells me, sitting in a chair next to my bed. With an arm laid on its back and a leg resting over the other, he's as comfortable as can be.

"Did you now?" I engage in his storytelling while laying down.

"Yeah--completely fucked it."

It's the next day, and Levi visits my room once completing the demands of being Humanity's Strongest soldier. Despite his cool demeanor, the amount of stress he's under is revealed through the bad habit of bouncing his leg while sitting. Although Levi isn't an overly anxious person, he indulges himself in such behaviours when comfortable enough. Currently, he's describing the events I missed while on Rod Reiss' land. Supposedly, they ambushed a bunch of Military Police officers while trying to get more information. It seems like the note I slipped into Tobio's jacket wasn't enough to get them going anywhere, but eventually Hange figured it out. What's most comforting is that Hange wasn't too injured from the underground temple, and she made sure to swing by giving thanks in her spare time.

"that bastard was the one who confirmed Kenny's last name for me."

"That's fun. I found out after you knocked him out before I was abducted by his stupid team." I scoff, noticing the subtle ache in my stomach.

"I didn't go after you and lost Hange's entire squad, too. Sorry." Levi apologizes.

"I'm glad you didn't go after me. You prioritized our squads and stayed with them—I wouldn't have wanted it any other way." I remind.

My eyes turn to the ceiling above, "And I'm sure Hange doesn't blame you for what Kenny did to her squad. I mean, she still has Moblit!"

"Military Police found a person from his squad missing an eye with broken gear—was that you?" Levi questions.

I glance at him, "Mayhaps. Why do you ask?"

Levi cuts to the chase, "That's who you stole the information from, wasn't it?"

"Mayhaps."

"Should I bother with this conversation?"

Pausing, I turn my head to face him completely, "...Mayhaps."

"Also!" I perk up in bed, ignoring the throbbing in my torso, "Can I grab some sweets on the way to the meeting later today?!" I smile.

"Knock yourself out." Levi answers.

"Woo!" I cheer.

Flopping down again, I sigh, "Man, can you believe so much has happened within a couple of months? I can't believe Eren actually figured out how to use his hardening so quickly!"

"You also ate a ton of shit from falling all the time. Not to mention your ass has almost died more than the dust particles on your wall." Levi remarks. "It's fucking weird; you went from being completely fine on your own to barely escaping death."

"Psh, I'll have you know that I'm basically unkillable. If that ceiling didn't kill me, then I don't know what will." I stick my tongue out at him.

"Unkillable, hm?" Despite the question, Levi tone drops.

"The only person who can kill me...is me." I dramatically announce.

My glance shoots towards the man in the chair, "...and maybe you, too."

"Don't get your head stuck in your ass, Kaisa." Levi threatens.

My eyes roll once more, "I don't actually think I'm unkillable, tea-freak."