63

[merry christmas! have some levi fanart for fun ;)]

-Kaisa-

Call me drunk, cuz I'm fucked.

It's only been an hour, but I've been running around in circles. It's freezing, dark, and the trees surrounding me have no branches low enough for me to grab onto. Without ODM gear, moving around is out of the question. It doesn't help that the Anti-Personnel squad is searching for either.

With just runners, spandex, a sports bra and jacket, it's difficult to blend in. The wind is unforgiving; my teeth are almost chattering from the freezing temperatures of the night. If I don't find a place to stay soon enough, I'm going to get caught. My body aches from the pressure I've put on it but I still push on in hopes of finding something. I look up as I jump through the bushes and roots of the forest, recognizing the half-moon's edges once more.

Guided by moon.

With heavy breathing, I stop in my tracks before re-evaluating my situation. There's no way that experience inside of that place was by accident. Nothing that's happened to me in the past week happened by accident. It wouldn't hurt to follow it, and maybe it'd bring me to a destination I've been so desperately trying to find.

So, I allow myself to be guided by the moon. The branches become lower, but the bushes and vines get thicker and prominent. I find myself holding my arms out as I make my way through the forest, getting wacked by sticks I missed seeing on the way. A relatively empty area appears. It isn't large by any means, but the moonlight shines perfectly here, and finally, I see them.

Footprints!

Multiple footprints! All different sizes!

Crouching on the grass, I count the pairs. One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten!

Ten! Ten different people walked through here, but four more sets of footprints are on the side, separated from these. Scrutinizing those, there seems to be a set from one type of boot, and the others seem to be regular dress shoes.

Hostages? Who could be bringing hostages?

Whatever happened, it doesn't matter—I must find somewhere to rest for the night. If I can't hide within the trees soon, I'm sure to be titan food. Plus, the possibility of this being Levi, Hange, and our groups is too big. There should be ten of them in total; Levi, Hange, Armin, Mikasa, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Kiyoko, Tobio, and Kei.

I feel bad for the two leaders—those kids must be a handful right now.

I grab a stick nearby on the floor and drag it across the steps I've found before scattering branches and leaves to cover up the footsteps. It's best if nobody else finds these when looking for me, otherwise we're all screwed.

Following the direction of the steps, I run through the rough terrain. Soon enough, a small, weird looking cabin appears surrounded by trees. It almost looks apart of the woods but living in the underground made it incredibly easy to locate--whoever designed this must have a good idea of perception. The moment I get closer, I recognize the building from a couple years back.

Damn, it sure got ugly over time.

I know better than to knock on the door, so instead, I examine the outside for any entrances in case any new ones have been added. There are none. So, I pick up a couple of rocks and head to the opposite side of the entrance and with force, I throw four relatively large rocks at the wooden building before rushing to the front. Leaning against the door, I hear the footsteps run towards the other side which means I've successfully given myself the opportunity to enter without notice. Surprisingly, the door is unlocked.