†𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐†

Chapter Two - Unexpected news..

•°•°•

I woke up with a massive headache, seeing pills and a glass of water set at the side of the table, I guess vampires can still get headaches.. I thought, but then again..I wasn't a pure vampire and plus I'm part human, cause my dad's father is a human.

After taking the pills, I heard a knock on the door and saw my mother walk into my room.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, checking if I'm back to my normal self, cause she was still on guard.

"I just have a headache, but I'll live" I said jokingly.

My mother chuckled, lightly "I see you still have your father's sense of humor" She said with a slight smile on her face "But anyways, the real reason why I'm up here is to let you know that you won the deal" She told me, which surprised me, cause I remember differently.

"Really? Because what I remember, I lost" I said remembering back to the duel I just had with my mother.

"Well, what do you remember?" My mother asked as she went to join me at my bed.

"That I discovered another side of me that I wasn't able to control" I said remembering back to the duel that me and my mother had. I was confused as to what just happened to me. I wasn't sure what just went down during our duel and I was obviously scared in a way that - that part of me will be unleashed again, knowing damn well I'm not able to control it.

"Do you know what triggered it?" She asked, which I felt that she knows something that I did not.

"The scent of your blood. It was so overbearing - that all I wanted was to have a taste of it. It was like I needed it and craved for it" I explained. It was a first time that I ever wanted a taste of blood, like I said before I don't really need it to give me energy or stuff like that.

"Hm, I see" My mother had her hand on her chin, thinking "as expected I know exactly what happened" She said and got up from my bed, leaving me confused.

"What may that be?" I asked curiously.

"We'll discuss more of it at supper - your father and I will be waiting for you downstairs" Was all my mother said and left my room, leaving me even more confused.

Before I went downstairs to join my parents. I just stayed in my room, with me dropping myself back on my bed, looking blankly at the ceiling.

I know my mother knew what exactly happened to me. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to know about that half of me, just yet.

Once I was done just making my thoughts run wild. I just decided to go downstairs to join my parents, not wanting to make them wait any longer.

When I reached the dining room, my parents were already seated, but they didn't eat yet, cause they were obviously waiting up for me.

I took a seat at my usual spot at the table. This meal was different than the rest, cause the tension in the room was obvious. I felt like I was about to get in trouble or something with the silence in the air.

I heard my mother clear her throat, bringing the attention to her "We have some news for you" She said breaking the silence.

"And what may that be?" I asked, curiously.

"Well, your father and I got a letter in the mail from the academy that we graduated from" My mother announced and gave me the letter.

I looked at the letter and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was an enrollment to the academy. The headmaster of the school wants me to attend, but the only thing he needs is my parents signatures, which would mean I'll be officially attending school and I'll be able to meet other monsters.

"So..?" I looked at both my mother and father, only because they didn't sign it and plus I was kind of hoping that they did agree to this. I didn't wanna be trapped in this castle forever.

"Me and your mother has already decided" My father spoke up.

"But there's one condition though" My mother added.

"And what's that?".

"I have a friend of mine that'll be attending the school with you" My mother informed and I couldn't believe what she was saying.

"So they're gonna be my babysitter?" I didn't like the idea that my parents don't trust me - well..my mother for that matter.

"Jordyn it's not like that" My father said, knowing damn well that I didn't like that idea.

"Then what is it?!" I was getting annoyed at this point. I finally get an opportunity to leave this castle and meet some monsters - at least close to my age. Instead of being isolated from everything. It was like I was a prisoner.

"Lower your tone young lady" My mother said sternly, flashing her eyes from red to her original eye color, which made me shiver under my skin.

"You need to understand that you're the only one of your kind and with that said, they're many people who wants to exterminate you" My mother explained "Being a hybrid of a werewolf and a vampire isn't something that the people of the underworld would want, which is why your father and I kept you sheltered from the world - not because we didn't want you to experience things like other monsters your age - it was because it was for your own protection and the only reason I want someone to go with you as you attend the academy is from us knowing that you're safe" She finished off "Are you okay with that?" She asked right after.

"If it puts you guys mind at ease, then okay. I understand why you would worry about my safety, but then again you both don't really have to, cause you both trained me well" I said. Because like I said before, I've been training since the day I was able to walk - to be more exact.

"I'm sure you're more than ready to protect yourself, cause your mother is the strongest vampire I know" My father said with a smile on his face.

"But she still has a long way to go" My mother stated "And with that said.." She extended her hand out, as I handed her the letter, seeing both of them sign it.

"Thank you~" I was honestly ecstatic, seeing my parents signatures on the letter. I couldn't wait to see and experience the new school that I'll be attending shortly.

I got up and gave both my parents a big hug, as I went to go sit back on my seat.

"Well, since that is out of the way we have another thing to discuss" My mother said, as she took a sip of her wine, that was mixed with animal blood.

I just stayed quiet, knowing what we were gonna talk about - the excitement from going to the academy quickly turned into anxiousness.

"About what happened during our duel" My mother started "That's another reason why I don't want you to attend the academy alone" She said, which I wasn't quite following her.

"And that reason is?" I questioned.

"Well, you're still indeed a vampire" My mother stated "So you still react to blood, but it really just depends on what kind of blood" She explained.

"We're not fully sure in what type of blood, but since your mother is a pure vampire - we were surprised that her blood was able to trigger your vampire form" My father explained further.

"But we are both also certain that human blood will trigger your vampire form, cause since animal blood does nothing to you - then it's most likely that human blood will, which is why since you're nearing your 116th birthday we'll be more cautious whenever we visit your grandma in the human world" My mother finished off.

"So you're saying that since my 116th birthday is coming up - my vampire side is awakening?".

"Correct" My mother said with a nod.

"Well, who is the person that is gonna be my so called "babysitter"?" I asked, air quoting babysitter.

I didn't like the idea of being shadowed, but I knew I had no choice - also since I had this other side of me that I couldn't control. So I understood why my parents are worried in what will happen to me whilst I'm at school away from their supervision.

"She'll be arriving tomorrow at dawn" My mother informed.

Great..I honestly can't wait...