"This is a different kind of bad. I don't even go to these places. Please, just trust me on this one, little buddy."

  Tails resigned with a deep sigh, knowing there was no way he could talk him out of it, "Fine. I'll stay out here and keep lookout," he grumbled. Sonic offered a thankful smile and a brief hug.

   "Thanks, lil bro. If I'm not out with Shads in an hour, call Knuckles and get us," he instructed and ducked inside before he could get a response. 

  Sonic's face contorted into a noticeable grimace as he scanned the crowds for his rival, doing his best to veer as far away from the other people as possible. Why are you in a place like this, Shads? he thought.

  After a few minutes with no results, he concluded that the red and black hedgehog wasn't in the main area. Sonic flipped through the contacts on his communicator until the ID "Faker" came up, and he selected it. The call automatically went to voicemail after a few seconds.

   "Come on, Faker. Answer me," he mumbled to himself as he tried again, "I gotta know what's going on."

With Shadow

   Shadow subtly pressed the ignore button on his communicator for the second time, his focus never leaving the table's discussion. Every once in a while he would feel Sasha's half-lidded gaze train on him, but he never looked her way. He knew she wouldn't give up so easily, however, and he could only imagine the kind of talk she would try to pull him into after the meeting.

With Sonic

  Emerald eyes finally landed on a plain door with a tiger bodyguard standing beside it. It was the only room with direct access to the main floor without going down a hallway, and Sonic really didn't want to search down that path unless absolutely necessary, which he prayed it wasn't. The blue blur causally trotted up to the grim feline with an award winning smile. The gesture was returned with a questioning frown.

    "You lost, kid?" the tiger's gruff voice growled, and Sonic laughed sheepishly.

   "I hope not. I'm looking for a friend of mine--"

   "Can't help you," he interrupted and made a face that read 'get lost' while not-so-subtly revealing the loaded handgun in his grip.

    "You don't even know who I'm talking about!" the hero argued, "Look, let's make a deal. I tell you what he looks like, and you can tell me whether or not he's in that room. Please?"

   The tiger scratched his mangled ear in thought before shrugging his shoulders," Okay, but I doubt your friend would be the kind of guy to be hanging around here if he's anything like you."

   Sonic wordlessly agreed with an anxious chuckle, "Yeah, well...Let me tell you what he looks like. He's a hedgehog, like me but a little taller. Black fur with red stripes. Upcurled quills. White chest fur, and gold rings on his ankles and wrists. I also think I saw him come in with a plain military jacket," Sonic's eyebrows knit in confusion when he looked up to see the man's confused, and slightly shocked, stare, "What's the matter?"

   "How can a kid like you be friends with a guy like Ghost?"

   Ghost? Is that what he's calling himself? he thought before replying, "Yeah, we go way back. He's a buddy of mine. Is he in there?"

   The male cat nodded and grabbed the door handle, "Yeah, one sec."

With Shadow

   "And so the shipment should be coming in here," Shadow said as he pointed at a specific dock on the city map. The door creaked open, interrupting the conversation.