43 | Blonde Brigade

The wind fluttered through the billowing curtains, Aurora's window wide open, as she had mentally decided the room had been too stuffy twenty minutes ago. Almost running into her bed, she glared down at the heels that she had slid her feet into before her body had decided to pace across her room.

"If I wasn't short I swear-" She cut herself off, letting out a heavy sigh, pushing her hair out of her face, the soft waves falling back to their positions once she let her hands drop. The heels themselves were a tall pair of black ankle straps that matched her ombre hair that fell across her shoulders. It was a good thing that she had had extra hair dye, her black roots had been getting a little too prominent for her liking.

Her dress was still as gorgeous as when she bought; which she thought was a miracle in itself.  But as she continued to walk in circles, she felt the dress constrict around her chest, her breaths becoming shallow. The shoes made several scenarios play through her head, all of them ending in her utter embarrassment slash death. Oh great, she was having a panic attack.

Her stride hesitated, the knock on the closed door sending her eyes snapping up from their spot on the floor. She felt the words push past the lump in her throat as she managed to let out a 'come in.'.

"Are you ready? Bakugou might beat Denki up if they stay outside by themselves any lo-" Shinsou froze at the sight of his sister, who he had heard fretting through their shared wall to the point where he had slammed his hand onto the aforementioned wall, yelling for her to shut up. 

A smile broke out onto his face as his eyes glanced down at her attire.

"They managed to force you into a dress, huh?" Glancing down she grinned before looking back up at him and standing at ease.

"Pants." He snorted.

"Of course you did." His eyes caught her hands worrying themselves, and he took two strides, engulfing her in a hug. "I'm so proud of you."

"For what?" She managed to croak out, eyes already watery at the words she didn't know she needed.

"For making it to the next day. For being here." He whispered, squeezing her tighter. Although it wasn't noticeable, Shinsou had been utterly devastated when Aurora had made it into the hero course and he hadn't. He never blamed her, nor himself, but simply wished things had gone differently. She was his sister, not by blood, no.

But by love.

She pulled back, laughing slightly, unshed tears still in her eyes.

"Let's go." She nodded, following him out the room and towards the front of the house. Getting closer, the slightly aggressive conversation between the two blondes began to get louder, something about cheese? To be honest, Aurora had no clue.

Checking she had her phone in the pockets she had gleefully found in her dress, she completely missed the look Bakugou gave her when she stepping into his line of sight.

It was as if Bakugou had just watched the galaxies form and worlds begin, his breath stopping. He took in the sight before him, unconsciously etching Aurora's beautiful figure into his long-term memory. She was more stunning than anyone's words could describe, especially not his. The dress that turned out to be a jumpsuit flowed around her as she strode closer to the doorway, her hair bouncing around her shoulders in loose but neat waves. And it wasn't until her hand brushed the door to keep it closing on her when her eyes caught his.

Oh, the strength it took for his legs not to collapse right then and there.

The same feeling had washed over Kaminari, who didn't register when a string of breathless curses flew out of his mouth at the sight of Shinsou. All three boys were dressed in similar all black tuxes and coloured ties; purple and yellow for Hitoshi and Denki, and the same maroon that coloured Aurora's dress.