20 | WW3

Thank y'all for 1K! It really means a lot to me. Wow!

Aurora had felt a slight shake of the room, but nothing more until her pager was called. She made her way to the arena entrance, noting how on edge Cementoss seemed as she passed him.

Bakugou stood at the other end, like every other time she had versed someone. He seemed angry. Well, angrier than usual.

Todoroki was nowhere to be seen as she stared up at the stands. It must've been a brutal fight.

"Not like THIS!" Bakugou roared, clutching onto Todoroki's collar, shaking the unconscious boy. He was about to go ballistic until Midnight quickly reminded him that he still had to fight Twilight. He growled and returned back to his spot, ready to bash something or someone.

Aurora took stance, not bothering with formalities. She knew there was no use with him. They stared at each other for what seemed like forever, Bakugou grinding his teeth and glaring at her. She let her hair alight, firing up the crowd even more.

"GO!" Midnight had yelled, causing Bakugou to barrel towards her, explosions propelling him towards her faster. He tried to land the first blow, but she quickly counterattacked, grabbing his fist out of midair, pulling him towards her and punching him in the nose. She sidestepped as he threw another explosion at her.

Two walls made of stone flew up from the ground parallel to each other and Aurora ricocheted off them, jumping from one to another right over his head.

She quickly turned midair and landed a kick to his back, making him lurch forward. He turned, grabbing her leg and throwing her into one of the walls, which shattered at the impact.

A cry fell from her lips as her back met the wall. She landed roughly, quickly getting back up. She summoned water, creating a dome as she got her breath back. She winced as the water rippled from the explosion. She knew he wouldn't risk falling through, for the sweat on his hands would be washed away.

"COWARD!" She heard him scream. Her eyes snapped towards him as her head of fire turned blue and the water dropped away.

"Do. Not. CALL ME A COWARD." Her voice was so loud it seemed as if she screaming into a megaphone when she roared those words at him. She pushed her hands towards him, a gale of wind pushing him up into the air. He fought against the current, blasting himself towards her. He drew his hand back and fired a giant explosion towards her. However, he miscalculated his dive, as his hand exploded centimetres from her face. He saw her eyes widen before his palm exploded, the force driving him backwards.

She rode the shockwave, falling just short of the boundary. Crashing, down, her head snapped backwards as she hit a piece of debris. She laid face down for a while, while the stadium held their breath. She struggled to stand, holding the left side of her face. He slowed to a stop, not knowing what had happened. Her hand slowly receded, showing him and the rest of the stadium the damage. Blood flowed down her face, drizzling from a gash that went from just below her hairline all the way down to her upper lip. But that wasn't what scared him.

It was her eye. The galaxy he had grown so annoyingly accustomed to. He saw it through the waterfall of blood.

Her eye was pure white.

She could only see half of what she normally was able to and that made her panic. What had happened? She stared at Bakugou, whose expression gave her no comfort, a mix of shock and horror.

What had he done to her? First, he loses to that fucking Canadian flag, and now this. He didn't even realise her scream until it was too late. Lightning stabbed at her skin as she screamed. The audience watched on as lightning seemed to come off the girl in bolts. Everything froze as she ran at him, still yelling out her battle cry. She didn't bother making sure the light didn't hit him nor did she care as her hands met his shoulders. She only pushed him, all the way to the other side of the arena and out of bounds.