Golden Prince Naga Boyfriend (Shesmetet) 4

Divine Worship Part 4

"Let me see you, dear." You were preened carefully, your dark locks braided past your neck with a twisted bronze circlet adorning the crown of your head, your feet rubbed with oils as those around you steadied to put the sandals on you.

Kira met your apprehensive gaze as she snapped her fingers for the other girl's hands to stop what they had been doing: looking you over wisely.

"Do you remember the first time you did this?"

Her dark gaze met your ones before a sad smile appeared on her aged features. "You were just a youngling, being readied to meet the Princess for the first time. You were such a small little thing, timid and quiet... but now look at you," she stroked your cheek affectionately, "about to be announced to the entire court."

Whether the Emperor is wise enough to allow such a match. You let your breath out unsteadily. I am no match for the Golden Prince, nor would I be allowed as his wife. "I'm nervous, Kira."

"Good... that's good to be nervous. I think it would be worrying to hear if you weren't." Her laugh bubbled heartily out, easing the tension you felt as you were being dressed. The silk-wrapped dress was as bright as the sun in all shades with beaded hems around the neckline, giving a highlighted elongated look to your form. The Prince had commissioned it for you; as a gift in hopes of accentuating your beauty. The golden amulet that once been in Kira's sister's possession hung around your neck as a piece of good luck from her and a blessing, receiving one was much needed at this time.

She took your hands into hers, squeezing tightly and reassuringly. "Everything will go well, I swear it. The Emperor is kind-hearted and wise, the decision will come swiftly."

I wish you were correct, Kira. I wish so. You nodded stiffly, "Thank you for your blessings, Kira. You have been... a wonderful friend to me."

She looked perplexed by your words, taken aback, before a lamented smile drifted, her eyes becoming glossy. "You have certainly brought a big presence to court, I do hope we can remain friends for a long time."

She was the first to hug you securely to her in an embrace, trying to hold her as she silently cried into your shoulder cumbersomely, as if embarrassed she may have been caught with tears streaming down her cheeks. "The Prince shall have a wonderful wife to look forward to, a life of adoration and worship for you."

There had been a smooth clearing of a throat that came from behind you, and through the doorway, everyone surrounding you including yourself fell almost dramatically to one knee, some curtseying. "Arise, I should be the one curtseying to you instead of you."

"Princess," You marvelled at Amvalma, the Star of the Sea was dressed in the finery of a jade and gold headpiece, a similar one golden as the sun across her neck, her matte grey skin glimmering in contrast with the dress hanging low to show the valley of her breasts, "I was not expecting your arrival so soon, I would've been more prepared."

"You shan't need to rush for me, dear. I was wishing to see you before you were to be announced." Her smile was steady and beautiful, her white teeth glinted across her golden lips whilst she took your hands into her clawed ones. "My, you are such a beauty. My brother has a lot to look forward to."

You blushed heavily, averting your gaze timidly. "Your Grace, I ask... you are not angry with me for all of this?"

"Ah, please forgive me for when I had seemed... withdrawn. I was pensive in my prayers, praying that my father would be understanding to Shesmetet, but I fear for everything no matter how much I believe everything will be okay." She drawled thoughtfully. "I gave up a long time ago into finding out who my brother's lovers had been, close or not – my father had asked only of news and gossip in which I grew bored of providing." She laughed silverly to herself, the golden pieces jingling gleefully. "If anything, I believe him finding you was a moment for him to truly mature."