The Vampyre's Bride

Relationship: yandere male monster x fem reader

You had to admit, the ring that decorated your finger was exquisite.

It was cut like a crimson teardrop, ornate and simple, yet breathtaking. Petal-like jewels of a similar shade decorated the larger piece, and the more you stared, the more you had grown to tolerate the tiny fragment of jewellery.

Though, the reason it was on your finger was why you had to quickly grow to like it.

Your newly taken husband was nowhere to be seen: in the gloomy yet large rooms that framed his manor, he was out of sight, the only sounds coming from passing staff and those of kind he celebrated the event with. Vampyres of all ages: old and wise, lethal yet ethereal.

Fireworks. You could see them from your lonely window, the one you would have to share with your now husband. They decorated the night's sky as you continued to hear laughter and cheers, colours of all shades encapsulating the twilight.

I shouldn't be here. You told yourself, wiping your tears as you had dutifully and quietly during the ceremony. I shouldn't be with these monsters.

The doors poured open with the wind following, the man you recognised in his macabre suit, embellished white trim and flower embroidery. His long dark hair was neatly slicked back, piercing red eyes trailing the room until they landed on you with a wide, sickening soft smile on his pale face.

Cassius was every part a comely young man and monster combined, merging both until it was hard to differentiate the other.

"My love," his voice was silky smooth and low, striding into the room without it even looking like his legs were moving against the ground, floating eerily, "you look otherwordly."

Had he been aware of the tear streaks down your face, how pale and exhausted your struggles had been when you resisted? You stared up at him in horror, dreading his next moves, watching him hawkishly as he moved to sit beside you on the queen-sized bed.

His slender fingers drifted past your neck without any warning, parting your strands of loose hair back as he leaned in towards your flesh, pressing a delicate kiss to you as if his touches were more for a devoted, loving partner than the monster he was.

He paused when he felt you stiffen, clenching the black silks of your wedding dress, knuckles clenched and turning white. "My love, your heart flutters. "

"Yes," You drifted to find your words, to not dare look to see him staring intently at you from your side, thinking to the open window instead, "it is rather drafty tonight, after all, husband."

"I would not know," he mused, running a finger along your arm, the hairs reacting as they raised, pleasing him. "It has been more than two millennia since I was affected by a mere breeze."

You didn't have time to answer when you felt the wind pick up beside you, catching you off guard, a slam from in front as the window appeared miraculously shut, Cassius sitting beside you once more as if he had not moved an inch. 

"Now then, how shall I have you tonight?"

"Excuse me?"

"You're my wife, it will not be long until you are like me." He smiled fondly, caressing your cheek carefully, ignoring the dampness of your cheek. "The others are already happy to welcome you to our family. Having you share a drop of my blood will please them more."

"I... can I think about this?" Your words dried in your mouth, trying to seem confident when you looked into his eyes. The blood-red of his pupils scared you rigid, staring as they started unblinkingly back. "This is a big thing after all."

Cassius said nothing at first: as if he hadn't heard you first, slowly watching the vegetation of life fill back into his features and registering your words. "Why, there is nothing to be afraid of." He took your hand into him with some rash strength, stroking the ring he bestowed you with. "You will be exactly like me, and we will be together for the rest of the earth's cycle."

"I miss my family, my friends," you whimpered, and once again, you were crying as you did at the front of the altar, swearing your loyalty to a man who kidnapped you. "When can I go back home?"

"This is your home," Cassius hummed sweetly, "you will join our family and we will be your new one. Forgot about them, they will be dust and weeds in a blink of an eye."

"I..."

"Shush, my dear," Cassius hugged you to his chest, and the stiffness of his cold body was a reminder to you how you would feel very soon. Cold, dead, lifeless. A life you dreamt of forgotten, "you will ruin your makeup."

You sobbed silently into the ruffles of his coat, feeling the way he stroked your hair lovingly, speaking the same words he did as a promise of loyalty. "You will look so beautiful when I dine on your blood, "It will be painless and quick. You will not feel a thing," "You have so much to look forward to."

You resisted keeping your hands in his, snapping them to rest in your lap and trying to get as far away from him as possible whilst on the bed. The body language alone brought something to click in his mind, watching the clogs move just from the window into his mind. 

Something snapped in a flicker of time, and hands were pulling your wrists and your body back into him with some force, staring up in horror to see the unfazed, dead stare. A silent cry fell from your lips as you tried to resist his forceful grip, feeling the way his iron grip didn't falter, the bone in your wrist growing more painful by the second.

"I am a patient man, my love." There was tension in his words as if the resistance and pulling you to him was putting effort into the strain. Your quiet plea fell quiet when he leant to your ear, whispering dangerously low.  "I will have you like me."