Vampyre Hunter: Dimas 2 [NSFW]

A/N: We're back with the second part!

Relationship: male monster x gn (gender neutral) reader

Tags: angst (once again), fluff, smut, oral (m receiving), hair pulling, praise, dom reader, soft and gentle Dimas.

Word count: 4k

Silver for Monsters Part 2

-

Spring arrived with much-needed relief.

The fear of the Bezkost came with such liberation to the town of Steunzen: the curse on the town was broken, and the torment was finally over.

It came with some disbelief on your part, still recovering from the attack on yourself and your home. The payments never brought the satisfaction of restoring your home to its original state, nor did they get back the feeling of safety you once felt.

The silver coin remained in its very spot, for the uncertainty and fear that what you witnessed would return.

It was almost half a year when you last saw Dimas, screaming for him to leave you and Steunzen for good. Call it foolishness, or audacity for the situation, but your heart burnt when he left. It was a foolish mistake to chase him away, not when the feeling of regret loomed over you.

He was a Vrah, they shouldn't be trusted. The little voice in your head told you, over and over again, but you could not help but ignore it. It was you who had welcomed a stranger into your home. It was you who had treated him to warmth and shelter and he saved you nonetheless. And it was you who had stupidly sent him on his way.

You thought you had grown insane, waiting for his return, for anything to bring him back to the stupid town again. It also made you grow alert if you saw someone with locks as fiery red as his.

Your home was completed finally at the arrival of spring when the dragon's breath flowers bloomed and fruit was manageable to harvest. You found yourself preparing stocks and upcoming appointments. You were happy to have your business soon running again, to finally bring in the money that was needed to pay for your broken roof.

The way you focused on your tasks made you ignore the outside world, nor the sound of heavy hooves, thundering in the dried mud. You looked up from your spot by the window, and from the trees just outside, you thought you saw something, something appearing like an apparition once again.

You leapt out through the front door, running round the side of your home as you confronted the stranger. Though, it had not been one, maybe so to your uncertain heart and mind.

"Dimas?" You didn't know if you were dreaming, watching the figure appear at your doorstep. It would've been brash to charge over to him, to hug him tightly and apologise over and over again, and kiss him over his face like a timid teenager blushing for their first love.

No, instead, you stood as rigid in your spot, heart ready to leap out from your chest.

"Hello, again," he didn't seem any different from when he emerged through the snowstorm a winter just gone. Still dressed in dark leather, perched on his pale horse. "It's been some time." He said your name with softness, riddled with uncertainty about how you would react.

"Yes, it has," you warily stared up at him from his saddle. "you look well."

It was true, and the thoughts that had festered were ready to pop out with questions about why he was back after being gone so long. You knew you had to ask those later—if you accepted him into your home again.

"Have you travelled long?"

"To get back to Steunzen? Yes. I went back to visit some old friends." You could only ponder those old friends were fellow hunters like himself. Vrah settled and went wherever they wanted, the location of their stronghold was uncertain to those of men.