Home.

In the car, we catch up our parents on all the things that happened throughout the semester. I tell them I might be going to 5th year transfiguration next year and how I finished all my classes with As.
They both look so proud and congratulate me.
"You forgot to tell them something" Blaise says. I shake my head knowing what he's about to say.
"She's been dating someone, Draco Malfoy" he says in disgust "and he broke her heart"
I look at him is disbelief, "what the hell Blaise!" I punch his arm.
"Draco Malfoy..." my Mum says. She's familiar with the Malfoys since she works at the ministry of magic, she's not a huge fan of theirs.
"Mum! Blaise had no business telling you that. I was going to talk to you about it later" I give him a dirty look.
She clears her throat "yes later. Blaise don't talk about your sisters business like that"

We stop at our favorite restaurant and eat delicious food. We talk about life and laugh at all of our dads silly stories from the Dominican Republic. It feels good to be a family again, I really did miss them. 
"Where are you going next?" I ask my father.
"Ireland, for the unicorns again. But not for a couple of months, I need to be home for a while. Also I forgot to tell you but next summer, I have been approved to go to America to study yetis and they said I can take you"
"Really?! Oh my gosh yay!!" I say excitedly. It would be my first time in America so I was thrilled.
He smiles "I knew you would be excited"

When we get home the familiar smell of fruit candles waft through the air. I run upstairs to my room, it is exactly how I left it. The walls were painted grey, the bed sheet was blue and silver, I had a bunch of pictures of my hogwarts friends in the wall, and I had my Gryffindor pennant hanging on the other wall. It wasn't much but I liked it like that, I lay on my bed, the comfiness surrounds me and I immediately fall asleep.

I wake up to Bella scratching at the window, I walk over and take the letters she was holding. On one letter I instantly recognize the handwriting, and on another I had a good guess in who it was.

I ripped open the one from Draco Malfoy,

Aurelia,
It's been hectic when I got home, the rumors of Voldemort coming back are circling the wizarding world again. My dads death eater mark had come back and its scary. All I wanted to do is make sure you and your family are safe. Please write back soon.
Thinking of you,
Draco. Xxx
Ps. I can't wait to see you again.

I rip open the next letter

Dear Aurelia,
I wanted to inform you before anyone else but someone at school has died mysteriously. It was a 7th year raven claw, his name was jerry,  we think you know who is back. We've also heard that he's been going to wizarding houses and killing families in their own houses. Please be careful,
Sincerely,
Ron.

I quickly write a letter to Draco mentioning how we are ok and I will write him everyday to let him know we are ok. I also write one to Ron thanking him for warning me.
I go downstairs, the smell of bacon and pancakes waft through the air making my stomach grumble.
"Good morning!" My mum says cheerfully handing me a plate.
"Mum is it true that you know who is back?" I ask.
She freezes "who told you that?"
"My friends wrote to me to warn me"
She sighs "we tried to keep it quiet for a while now, but I guess it's getting out. Yes it's true, he's back."
My stomach drops "I heard he's been going to wizards houses and killing innocent people"
"Yes that is also true. But don't freak out, we are going to be fine! I have some hex's on the house to protect us."
Blaise snorts "oh yeah that'll deffinetly help. The most powerful wizard in the world, I don't think a few hex's will stop him."
My mum gives him a dirty look.
"Can't we use magic to make the house disappear or something?" I ask.
She shakes her head "we could but we have muggle neighbors, it would be pretty alarming if our house suddenly disappears."
A sudden stab of anxiousness stabs my stomach. I have to remind myself we will be ok.
"Aurelia, come shopping with me today. Since tomorrow is Christmas  I have some last minute Christmas shopping to do." My mum says "Blaise you can come too!"
Blaise shudders "shopping? No thank you, I'd rather watch paint dry"
"Ok it'll be a girls day!" She exclaims.

We go to the mall, the mall is packed with last minute Christmas shoppers. I would be surprised if we found anything. We go store to store looking for a suit and tie for my father and some pants for my brother.
"You need some new underwear also." She points out. My cheeks turn red but she's not wrong. We go into a store and tells me to look for underwear while she looks for clothes for my father and brother.
I go to the underclothes department and look around,  I walk around and I spot the thongs. I find myself imagining what Draco would say if he sees me in them. My stomach does somersaults and I end up missing him. We were not technically together again but it was kind of fun just messing around. I take the thongs to my mum so she can buy them.
"Did you find something?" She asks and my cheeks turn red as I hand them over.
"What are these?" She asks "thongs? Aurelia"
"Mum I'm grown up now" I groan. "I can wear what I want"
"Alright alright, are these for a certain boy" she wiggles her eyebrows.
"No they're for me"

We finish our shopping in a record time, when we get back my mum and I begin to make a cake. My dad comes in and chats with us while we make it. The scent of cake fills the air, makes me feel so Christmasy.

Then we watch a Christmas movie and I snuggle up next to my mum. After the movies done, dad and Blaise go up to bed. But I'm still awake so I go outside and look at the stars.
After a while I hear the door open, my mum sits next to me.
"You always used to love coming out here and looking at the stars" she says. "We loved pointing out constellations and even making up our own silly ones"
I smile. I remember is so clearly. 6 year old me thought I was going to become an astrologist.
We sit in silence for a little bit.
"Mum, about Draco Malfoy....." I started to tell her everything. The good parts the bad parts, I mainly tried to focus on the good parts though.
"Wow I missed a lot" she says. "I wouldn't worry about Lucius he can be all talk. I've worked with him for years, I would know"
"Do I forgive Draco for hurting me? He seems to be really sorry but it's hard after what he did"
"Aurelia, I can't tell you what to do here. Only you would know. Take time to think about what your heart wants, I trust you will make the right decision for yourself, you always seem to do" she squeezes my hand.
"Blaise wasn't happy about us being together, well no one was really happy about it" I tell her.
"Well are you happy? Is he treating you right again?"
"Yes" I answer.
"Well then who cares what anyone else says. If you're happy that's all that matters. Your brother can be opinionated, don't let what he says get to you.
If you guys end up being together You're dad and I would love to meet him"
I smile "I love you mum"
"I love you too"