Whatever happens happens

I look at dracos broken face, I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do. I have to keep reminding myself we are now just friends, but all I wanna do is kiss him. Not sure if it's the alcohol or just how he got that creep away from me but my stomach is doing somersaults.
"You should go back into the party. Your friends are probably waiting" he gives me a sad smile.
I look at him for a second "actually I have another idea. Meet me on the top tower, the one that overlooks the moon."
He gives me a strange look but agrees.

When I go back into the party nobody notices I had even left. Hermione stumbles up to me "what just happened"
"Nothing, I'll explain everything tomorrow" I promised hoping she's too drunk to remember.
I go to the drink table and snag a case of spiked butter beer. I try to hurry out before anyone sees, they're all too drunk to care.
When I get up to the tower the moon is glowing through the windows, and Draco is humming and sitting in the windowsill.
I put the case down and grab two.
He looks back at me "you grabbed the goods"
I hand him a butter beer and laughed "yeah they were all too drunk to notice."
I open the bottle and take a swig, my body begins to feel warm again, I sit in the windowsill besides him. Our legs hanging off the end.
"Man what a day" I sigh. "First my date leaves, then my ex admits he's lied this whole time to protect me, and on top of it he hits some creepy guy hitting on me" I laugh. I laugh so hard I almost fell off the ledge.
"Wait so your date left you?"
"Yeah. I caught him and pansy together and I told him to be with her" I laugh some more. "Why does this shit always happen to me?"
He takes my hand "his loss I guess" he smirks. My stomach does somersaults "I guess"
I take another swig of my drink "so, after what happened tonight, do you think you and Seren will stay together?"
He shrugs "no I don't think so, she'll probably break things off"
"Why? You guys looked really happy together"
"She's a great girl. She's rough on the outside but on the inside she's got a really good heart, she's treated me well and is beautiful"
"But.....?" I pry
"She's not you"

The next day I start packing to go home for Christmas break, though I don't leave till tomorrow, I figured packing early would help occupy my mind off of Draco.
"Are you sure you can't stay" Ginny begs while laying in bed. While I didn't feel much of a hangover, Ginny never drinks so the alcohol really took a toll on her.
I hadn't told her what happened between Draco and I yet. I'm not even sure what exactly happened.
"Ginny,I don't leave till tomorrow" I laugh. "Even so I'll only be gone for a week" She'll be ok without me for a while.
"Ughhhh! Why did no one warn me how bad hangovers are" she groans.
I smile and shake my head "do you want me to get you some tea?" I offer.
"Yes please" she says under a pile of blankets.
"Alright I'll be right back"

"Aurelia!" I hear as I'm walking to the kitchen. I look back and it's Draco.
When he catches up he says "Seren broke up with me. She thinks I'm still in love with you"
"Which you are" I joke.
When we go into the kitchen it's empty, the house elves have been on a break for Christmas.
"True." He smirks.
My heart beats faster
"So uh you going home for Christmas break?" He asks coming closer to me.
"Yeah I haven't seen my parents in a while, my dads going to be home from the Dominican Republic" I start out the kettle on the stove.
He comes closer, I can feel the hairs on my arm stand up.
"Uhhh..are you going home?"I ask trying to ignore my heart pounding.
"My dad wants me home" he says.
He's right behind me now, I can feel his breath on my neck.
"That should be fun" I say.
The problem was not that I didn't want to kiss him, the problem was I wanted to , so bad.
I spin around and we are eye to eye. The whole month of heart break and sadness disappeared from my mind.
I grabbed his shirt and pulled him into my lips. The familiar taste of his mouth made me melt into him even more.
He lifted me up on the counter and the pans crashed on the ground, barely fazing us.
We ripped clothes off each other,
I missed his touch, his smell, his soft skin against me.
Around us the world seems to disappear, nothing is more important than what's happening right now.
Because with Draco, all rhyme and reason goes out the door; No more heartache, no more overthinking, and no more hatred.
With him I feel complete, like two puzzle pieces fitting together perfectly.
After wards he looks at me and smiles "so much for being just friends"

When I get back to the room I hand Ginny the tea.
"That took forever" she whines.
"I'm sorry someone else was making tea so I had to wait" I lie.
"Ok but why are you wearing a slytherin scarf instead of the Gryffindor one you left with"
I look down and sure enough the green and silver scarf was hanging over my neck.
Shit
We must've switched scarfs when we got dressed.
My cheeks turn red.
Ginny gives me a look "Aurelia...."
"Ok fine! I hooked up with Draco" I say in defeat.
She chokes on her tea "what?"
I sit on my bed "last night he admitted that everything was a lie. Apparently his father told him he would kill me if we continued to date. He wanted to protect me so he lied. We promised we were going to be just friends.
And today he said Seren broke up with him."
She gives me another look
"He was just irresistible in the kitchen, it was empty and he has this thing about him where I can't say no."
"Aurelia.....he hurt you. He made you cry for a whole month and suddenly wants you back? That seems really fishy to me" he says.
I nod "I know! I just can't help myself. When we are together I forget about all that stuff"
I lay back in bed
"I'm not going to judge you for this but please just be careful. I love you and I don't want to see you get hurt again" she says.
"I know." I say completely unsure about everything.

The next day I meet up with hermione and we both give Ginny hugs.
"Why are you staying at hogwarts again?" I ask her.
"My parents are both wanting to go to percys house and spend Christmas there." Ginny explains.
"We will miss you!" Hermione reassured her.
"I wish you were staying here. It's a bit boring without you guys" she says.
"It'll be just for a week! You'll be ok" I say.

Hermione and I both board the train and find seats next to Neville and Blaise.
"Where'd you disappear off to after Draco went all psycho on Henry" Blaise jokes.
"I needed some time. You know Cedric left to go with pansy so I just needed distance."
"You didn't go to hang with Draco right? He broke your heart, like Henry broke his face" he laughs
"Blaise whatever I do in my time is just my buisness. You don't need to know everything that happened" I smirk.
"You should date Henry!! He seems much stronger than that git Draco Malfoy" Blaise jokes.
"Blaise he touched my ass when I was drunk, I don't think i wanna be with someone like that"
I give him a look
"Anyways how's your love life?" I ask sarcastically, knowing he has none.
Neville and hermione giggle, Blaise stays silent
"That's what I thought"

A couple hours past, hermione nudges me awake to tell me we have arrived. I grudgingly get off the train and see my mum's beautiful smile , and my dads tall stature, I smile and run to them. It feels really great to see them again.