Tutor

A couple of days after the Buckbeak incident I come in to Hagrids house one morning. He looks like he's been crying. "Everything ok?" I ask.
"Noooo" he sobs "ever she attacked Malfoy the school wants me to get rid of her" he cried even harder.
"No that can't be. It was malfoys fault. He was the one who facilitated it. You specifically told them not to insult her and he did it out of spite" I say freaking out. I have really grown to love Buckbeak. If  you  took care of her right she was very gentle.
"Apparently he talked to his father and now I gotta find a place for her" he cries.
Anger bubbled up in me. I can't believe Malfoy would actually do this. It broke my heart to see Hagrid like this. "What can I do to help?" I ask.
"Nothin. They've already mad ther decision" he blows his nose making a loud honking sound. I pat his back and listen to his cries. There must be something I could do.

I knock on Professor McGonagalls door.
"Come in" she orders.
"Aurelia ! Ah how may I owe the pleasure.?" He smiles.
"Is there a way I can talk to Dumbledore? It's kind of an urgent matter" I say.
"Dumbledore is out of town right now. On business with some colleagues. Can I relay a message to him?"
"No. Do you know when he's coming back?" I ask.
"He didn't say. He just say it'll be a while"
"Alright well thank you" I say. I was about to leave when she stopped me "can I talk to you about something?" She asked.
"Sure anything"
"Well I know you like to do some tutoring on the side and I was wondering if you would help me out.  I know you're one of the top students in my class. I'm really impressed with your transfigurations. One student in particular needs some tutoring. It seems like if he fails the next test he's going to have to fail out of my class. I already talked to him already and he's ok with you tutoring him"
"Who is it?" I ask.
"Draco Malfoy"
My stomach turns sour. "Oh umm I don't know.......why me?" I hesitate.
"Like I said. You're one of the top students in this class. And if you do it then you'll get some house points and you can even drop a test" she explains. "Also I can recommend you for 5th year transfigurations next year"
Shit.... this will be hard to pass up
"I guess that's fine. "
"Great you guys can start next week after class in the library" 
•••••••••••••••••••

That night I meet Cedric in the library. I have to break the news that are nightly study dates are going to have to end. 
Before I had the chance to break the news to him he says "you know I'd like to take you to the Yule ball this year if that's ok?"
My stomach hits my heart "yeah off course. I'd like that."
"Great, I'll pick out a good suit for you" he smiles.
"You better!" I say.
"Oh yeah and my first quidditch game is tomorrow. I hope to see you in the crowd"
"You will. But I'll be cheering for gryfffindor instead." I tease.
"Hmmmm maybe I'll rethink the Yule ball then" he jokes.
"Shut up" I playfully hit him.
•••••••••••••••
"Aurelia, we are going to be late for the game!!" Ginny begs. I have been taking forever to get ready for this but I wanna look good For Cedric. I'm dressed up in my black coat, skinny jeans, and my Gryffindor scarf. I put on my boots and say
"Alright alright I'm ready" I grab my bag.
"I can't believe Cedric asked you to the Yule ball. And it's not for a few more months! He must really like you" she teases me.
"Whatever! We are meeting after the game. I gotta tell him I can't study with him any more. I got to tutor Malfoy" I shiver just thinking about it.
Ginny gags "I can't even. I would never do it"
"I know. I already know he's going to call me a teachers pet" I sigh regretting even taking mcgonagalls offer.
We find our seats next to Hermione and Ron. The game starts and we cheer when Gryffindor gains 2 points. I spot Cedric flying on his broom, He gives me a little wave and blows me a kiss. All the girls look at me , I can see the jealousy on their faces. I can hear them whispering about the Yule ball.

The games goes on for quite a bit but ultimately Harry gets the golden snitch and we win!!!! We all crowd on the field and cheer and celebrate.
Cedric comes and grabs my hand, his face red from the game "the reason why we lost is because I got distracted by your beauty." He pushes a hair back behind my ear. Now I can feel all eyes on me.
After a while, he leads me to the secret spot. There he had candle lights set up and a picnic blanket. The suns is starting to set and you can hear the crickets in the background. "Wow this is.....beautiful"
"I thought we could watch the sunset together"
I sit down.
"Even though we lost today I still feel like I won" he says. He pulls me close to him. We finally kiss. His lips soft in mine. I didn't expect fire works, but I did kind of expect a spark maybe?  There wasn't a spark, there wasn't any feeling; it was still nice to kiss him.  He put his hand through my hair and down my back. He then grabbed my waist and brought it forward. His mouth tasted like pepper mint. He started to unbutton my top.
Which I'm not ready for so I pull away. "I'm sorry are we going too fast?" He asks. I nod "yeah just a bit. I'm sorry I just don't feel ready yet"
"I understand"
"I gotta tell you something" I frown.
He looks at me. Still butterflies.
"Our study dates are going to have to be put on hold for a while, Professor McGonagall offered me a really good tutoring opportunity."
"With who?" He asks
"Draco" I shiver
"That's fine, good luck with that"
We both laugh.